What do other people Mistaken your Sphynx for?

Robin FuchsRobin Fuchs Member Posts: 18
edited 27 December, 2010 in Sphynx
Yesterday Mao was out in his stroller, when a random lady came walking up the street towards us. WHen she caught sight of him, she went through a series of emotions trying to figure out what he was. She first though he was \"something ferret like\", then \"the ugliest chihuahua i\'ve ever seen\" and finally came to the correct conclusion. Another common answer I receive is that Mao is a Rex cat. Mao is as hairless as they come,but they always think theres some sort of fur on him. What about you? What do people often mistake your sphynx for? ::o

Comments

• Cindy Ross FriedmanCindy Ross Friedman KamloopsMember Posts: 27
    edited 21 September, 2010
    Ha ha! Yes - I have heard "chihuahua and Devon rex"... And some people get me mixed up with Manx (that's no tail, not no hair, silly...oh well....). Best was: hairless RAT! Yikes!
  • Cindy Ross FriedmanCindy Ross Friedman KamloopsMember Posts: 27
    edited 6 October, 2010
    My meomie\'s friend saw a picture of me on her cell phone today, and thought I was a baby GOAT! Granted, it was an extreme close up, but wow! And Bonnie - you forgot the funniest of all! This happened a few years ago, and is so strange it is true! Remember when you escaped from the house, and the neighbour saw you in the rearview mirror of her car and thought you were a KANGAROO? I am serious! Now, she had just visited Australia (we live in Canada), but :-O
  • Jennifer CogarJennifer Cogar Member Posts: 3
    edited 26 December, 2010
    I\'ve heard everything from a rat to a skinny pug! I guess not all people can appreciate the cute kitties like we do!
  • Amber HoytAmber Hoyt SpringfieldMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 December, 2010
    I was asked what kind of monkey my little Mortie was while we were shopping in Petco! =]
  • ourboytofuourboytofu Member Posts: 23
    Ha! Love this thread. My experience: rat, mouse, or dog. One of my pictures of Tofu went a bit viral on tumblr with folks commenting on how he looks like Gary from Spongebob Squarepants because he was sitting with an arched back and his tail curled in a spiral. So... does a cartoon snail count?  :D