Injured feral cat

sweetnsassysweetnsassy Member Posts: 1
There's a feral cat that hangs around the neighborhood and I think he got ran over by a car about a week ago. I would see this cat on a rare occasion in the last six months, usually only at night and I could never get close to him, he would just run away. Although I only tried to get close to him once or twice. I only seen him in a my yard a few times in the last six months. He's usually at different neighbor's houses the other few times I've seen him and not necessarily any particular house.

I last seen him maybe five days ago and he looked like his front leg was hurt, probably broke. He was limping.

The last couple nights I've heard what I think might be him meowing. He sounds like he may be in pain. I think he was even in my back yard for a little bit in the middle of the night last night, he sounded close like he was hiding in some bushes. But usually it sounds like he's in a neighbor's yard, maybe even a few houses away. I looked outside but didn't see him and didn't feel like going outside in the middle of the night. Also I don't want to go towards him because he always just ran away and I don't want to make him run away on a broken leg.

I've called county animal control. They don't want to come after him because he's a stray and will probably be somewhere else by the time they get here, or whatever they told me a couple days ago. I don't have money for vet bills or surgery even if I could somehow catch this thing. They may would just put him down, which may be best but if it's just a broke leg I feel like that could maybe be fixed. And he's probably not adoptable. But I don't know what to do or if there is anything I can do. Is it possible he could heal in a couple months? It may not even be him I'm hearing but something else but thanks for reading. And thanks in advance to anybody who responds.

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,884 ✭✭✭✭

Alley Cat Allies is an organization that is all about helping feral cats. Here's a link that might be of some assistance: https://www.alleycat.org/community-cat-care/sick-or-injured-cats/

Here's their info:

7920 Norfolk Avenue
    Suite 600
    Bethesda, MD 20814-2525

Phone: (240)-482-1980
    Fax: 240-482-1990

Office Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday

If you are directed to our voicemail, please leave a message and include your name, email address, and daytime phone number.