Newbie needs advice please? Fussy cat

JustRozJustRoz Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone, hoping for a bit of advice if you can? 
 I adopted Nibbles, 13 yo Tabby/Tortie from RSPCA about 5 months ago and she has settled really well, lovely cat. I know this is all my own fault, but she has got so fussy with her food.  She can only have wet food, as not many teeth.  Anyway, I bought her all the really nice gourmet cat foods etc.  Lapped them up.  Got bored and started refusing, so bought different gourmet brand - success!  Then tried the goumet soups, both brands and she got bored AGAIN and then tried tried standard foods - I actually got a dirty look from her.  Tuna - nope. 
She does love those 'licks' in a tube, but she can't live off them, and I can't afford to feed her just them, they are only a treat, not a meal after all.  Last few days, chicken breast, she is getting bored with that now.  I remember reading years ago that cats will be stubborn to a point of starvation, and I don't want that to happen. Any ideas peeps?
Many thanks in advance

Comments

• MarenMaren Member Posts: 4
    buy a food she likes and a cheaper one and at first mix them: one quarter the cheap one 3/4 the expensive one. if she eats that keep adjusting until she takes the cheaper food. And you might also be SOL. Cats can be really finnecky. Good luck and cudos on adopting a senior!!