Is Stanley partly feral

Niki RichardsNiki Richards Member Posts: 1
BB is 5 yrs old, Stanley 2-1/2.  Both neutered males.  We got Stanley at 8 weeks so he's grown up with BB.  Both are rescues.  Stanley is supposedly part Bengal & has a lot of Bengal characteristics.  My friend from the rescue group swears he is not feral, but while he can be very loving, he hates the word "no," does not like it when you make him stop doing something, and he bites.  We've had cats most of our lives and never had a biter.  We would welcome any comments or suggestions.

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭
    Twinkle hates the word no & goes crazy when she hears it. I found out years after I adopted her that her previous owners abused her. I had to make sure not to use that word & to watch my tone when I get on to her about something. Make sure you do the same. Be consistent in how you deal with him. When he bites, maybe try ignoring him & walking off. Try giving him toys that he can bite or try catnip toys such as kitty kickers. Most cats love these. Keep him busy & entertained.