Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

This Needs to STOP!!!

Rachel GibbonsRachel Gibbons LongmontMember Posts: 1,686
edited 20 April, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hi. Lets get right to the point. This is outragous. Its worrying, scary, and completly unnesisary.:-/ I\'m talking about the food recals. It seems to me like every day there is a new list. I don\'t know what to eat anymore. I\'m getting low on cat food and what if....... does anyone know if Meow Mix was recalled? If it is I\'m gonna have mum make my meals. Who agrees with me? This needs to stop! How many of us have been victims?:-k Too many, thats for sure. The humans need to take more action to stop it. I\'m serious. Has anyone here been hurt by this? Probably. If so, you\'re in my thoughts. But this is serious. It needs to be stopped.:( Calli:-/

Comments

• Jessica CobbJessica Cobb Gastonia/CharlotteMember Posts: 91
    edited 20 April, 2007
    Meow Mix hasn't beed recalled. It isn't necessarily the best food, nutritionally, because it contains a lot of corn, grains, and by-products, but for now its safe. Be careful about making your kitty its meals, make sure you do a lot of research before actuall doing so. Cats need a lot of vitamins and nutrients that may be hard for us to create at home. Check out this post on catster about updated pet food recall websites. http://www.catster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/401217 I'd check them regularly to make sure nothing you feed your kitties shows up on there. Good luck with everything. :D
  • Lisa CorbinLisa Corbin San AntonioMember Posts: 15
    edited 20 April, 2007
    Yeah! My kitties are eating Meow Mix too. They were eating Special Kitty before the recalls began. But I am scared too!