Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Natural Balance recall expanded

Karin PruessnerKarin Pruessner DurbanMember Posts: 2,110
edited 29 April, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Natural Balance recalls more products: this time canned. Same ingredient (rice protein concentrate) different manufacturer (American Nutrition). Products recalled are: * Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz * Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz * Beef Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz * Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food 3 oz & 6 oz

Comments

• Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 28 April, 2007
    Natural Balance has done a great job providing all the information you need on their website. http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ My food isn't on the recall list, but I am comforted by the fact that Natural Balance seems to be dealing with this situation in a very proactive and comprehensive manner.
    edited 29 April, 2007
    One more comment, now that I see that Blue Buffalo was also affected by American Nutrition's product tampering... I hope Natural Balance and Blue Buffalo go after ANI and sue them for all they're worth. I'm not particularly a litigious kitty by nature, but what American Nutrition did (adding rice protein to formulas that did not call for this ingredient and without permission or disclosure) was deceitful, dangerous and illegal! Blue Buffalo and Natural Balance are premium brands who really put the health of the pets first - and for them to be put in this position is just horrible. It looks like both of the companies are taking very drastic measures to ensure this never happens again - without first considering the bottom line. This is a scary time for all pet owners, but I am hoping that something positive will come out of all of this incredible tragedy. And maybe this will never happen again. Meanwhile, I'm cheering for Natural Balance and Blue Buffalo to plough American Nutrition into the ground!!!!!
  • Karin PruessnerKarin Pruessner DurbanMember Posts: 2,110
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Binks, I agree that both companies seem to be dealing with it the right way and it may not have their fault. But the bottom line is: even if you buy a premium food from a good company with a good repution you can't be sure what is in it! Very sad indeed!
    edited 29 April, 2007
    Very true, Punky. I used to feel so confident that my food would not be recalled, but now I check their website every day. If these two can be affected, any food company can. These are two of the very best. Just who can we trust anymore?