How Are Your Litters Doing?

Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
edited 5 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
It is hard to believe that today Miss Kitty's kittens turned four weeks old. I am so amazed by how quickly they are growing and learning. I am loving keeping their pages up to date with pictures and biography information. Please check their pages (link via Miss Kitty's page.) I am so happy to be able to put these together. When they go back to the humane society for adoption, I am going to print the pages and have a packet for each of the 4 kittens. I hope that their forever parents appreciate it as much as I would have if someone had done it for Phoebe. Everyone else with litters currently: how are they doing...how old...how many in the litter...with momma cat or raising them by hand...share milestones... etc...

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 23 April, 2007
    I can't believe it's been 4 weeks either. My they sure have grown. I think it is very sweet of you to put packets together of their first moments here. I sure would appreciate something like this if I were to adopt. Great job!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 24 April, 2007
    Hi Miss Kitty. I am glad to hear that you and your babies are doing so well. They are getting so big and they are so cute!!! Puttting the package together for the kittens is such a cute idea. Mom was working adoptions at our local HS about a week ago and they put 4 kittens out that had just been brought back from Foster Care. They did this about 3o minutes before closing. Their foster mommy printed the cutest pages for each one and talked about their personality and what cute things they had done while growing up. 3 of the 4 were gone within 20 minutes and the last girl went first thing the next morning. I think the personal infomation from the foster families really helps! Thanks to your foster mommy for helping all of you out!
  • Brittany TisdaleBrittany Tisdale Bartlett/MemphisMember Posts: 726
    edited 24 April, 2007
    Wow, four weeks old already? Time sure flies! Things get fun now, though :) Now you get to watch them wobble around and fumble and fluff up at the slightest of movements or sound. Great idea with the little packets for the kittens, it\'s amazing how much a \"story\" can help these kittens get adopted. Kudos to your foster Mom for all of the work she has put into you all!=;
  • Kate SoutheyKate Southey Member Posts: 2
    edited 24 April, 2007
    Hi Miss Kitty! I have a cousin with the same name as you, she\'s 12 though, so she\'s too old to use the internet, she says you can\'t teach an old cat new tricks. My kittens are 7 weeks old today!! You can see them on my Mums blog http://theworldofkatiekipper.blogspot.com/ My daughter Gabby might be staying here to live with us, but the others all have very excited humans waiting to take them home, and I\'ll be glad of the peace, and being able to put some weight back on. (Mummy says when humans have babies they want to lose weight after, not put it back on, how wierd!) Pixie x
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 24 April, 2007
    Sunshine, you sure are a cute girl! Glad everyone is doig so well!
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 25 April, 2007
    Shimmer here! I was separated from my brother last weekend, he went to another foster home. I was really sad at first, but I've discovered that the dog-thing is almost as much fun to wrestle with as my brother! Foster mom says I'm really feisty, but whatever. I just like to PLAY! Apparently, in another week I'll be having surgery to amputate the rest of my leg. Foster mom is nervous about that, but I keep telling her not to worry, I'm tough enough for a little surgery!
    edited 25 April, 2007
    Sweet Face's Foster Grandma to Shimmer's Foster Mommy: I hope the surgery goes well! How is Shimmer doing with food and the litter box? All four of mine are in and out of the box and I am seeing definite evidence that at least some of them are leaving little deposits. All three boys are very interested in the kitten food. The sound of them eating is funny. Then, when they leave the dishes they have food all over their muzzels...but they are tryng to groom themselves! Lyla still seems more interested in the water. She also keeps checking out the dry food...but I think it is still a little too early to try to eat that...it must smell good, though.
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 25 April, 2007
    Shimmer is GREAT with the litterbox! When it's in with her she never misses, though I don't always remember to keepi it in with her.
  • D GarmanD Garman RichmondMember Posts: 745
    edited 25 April, 2007
    Oh Miss Kitty, I wish so much I had that kind of information on my furry babies. I spend so much time wondering what they were like as little babies. I really think that's such a wonderful idea. Shimmer, I'm madly in love with you. Bless your foster mommy (and all the foster mommies out there) for taking you in when no one else wanted to. Pixie, you're such a pretty kitty! I hope your mommy has you fixed now that your babies are getting ready to leave.
    edited 26 April, 2007
    Well, I have officially seen them all use the litterbox. It is pretty amazing. They also are starting to find places to sleep out in open areas of the foor...not back in the dark hidey hole. Lots of tussling going on, and Miss Kitty is stepping back more and more.
    edited 1 May, 2007
    Miss Lyla discovered that by starting on the stool, she can get up onto the bed. She seems pretty pleased about that. Her brothers, of course, were all jealous and had to try to copy her...to various degrees of success. I have been worrying, because she is slower to take to regular food than her brothers, but the milk she is getting must be pretty good, because she sure is a feisty one!
  • Lyle BartholomeLyle Bartholome KnoxvilleMember Posts: 33
    edited 3 May, 2007
    Has anyone had to search for the kittens? Pa changed the bedding in our house so I searched out a new home spot. I found one under brother Logon\'s bed. Pa couldn\'t reach me there so I brought one out and was planning to sneak out with the other 3. But he caught me. He tricked me with another kitten so I had to go to the rescue. Now Ma and Pa keep my door shut. Pa said cat herding is tricky business. :^:
    edited 5 May, 2007
    We are all in only one room! Our Mommy, Miss Kitty has not had distember shots yet, so Foster Grandma can not let us have the run of the house. She was very careful in putting together the room to be sure there were no spots we could get under, between, or behind. One of Foster Grandma's friends had a litter of 3 kittens in her basement a few years ago and she kept telling her husband to 'watch out for the kittens' everytime he opened the door...to no avail. There was a houseful of kittens to be found!
  • Lyle BartholomeLyle Bartholome KnoxvilleMember Posts: 33
    edited 5 May, 2007
    I still get to roam around a little but my people close the door to the kittens room so I can\'t carry them around the house. But several times my kittens get counted to be sure they are where they are supposed to be. They let me back in there as soon as I ask.