*Picky Eater!* What is a good, natural food for me?!

Becky KrailBecky Krail Walnut CreekMember Posts: 69
edited 5 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Well, Mom and Dad took me off Fancy Feast (although not involved in the recall, it has a lot of by-products...mom says it is like McDonald\'s for cats!) and put us on Natural Ultra Mix wet food. I HATE IT! :( I will not eat it at all because I only like shredded food.....I will not eat food in chunks or loafs. Can anyone please suggest a healthy food that doesn\'t have by-products and wasn\'t involved in the recall that I might enjoy eating? I eat Dick Van Patten\'s Natural Balance dry, but do not like their wet as it is in loaf form...any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• D GarmanD Garman RichmondMember Posts: 745
    edited 30 April, 2007
    :-O She took your FF?! Mom's been trying to talk me into eating healthy. I won't do it. But if you find a "good for you" cat food you'll eat, let me know and maybe I'll try it.
  • eva pennyeva penny chehalisMember Posts: 528
    edited 30 April, 2007
    Merricks and Wellness are pretty tasty...have you tried them? :^:
  • Becky KrailBecky Krail Walnut CreekMember Posts: 69
    edited 2 May, 2007
    Thank you Tucker. I looked at Merricks and Wellness...Merrick's seems like a very good brand and looks like a something I might eat, so I'll have mommy and daddy pick it up this Friday...thank you!
  • meredith maynardmeredith maynard Member Posts: 80
    edited 2 May, 2007
    Be careful with the natural balance...thats what I used to eat but a few of the flavors have been recalled. Ugh. Good job getting off the feasts - it will be hard but well worth it. That stuff if like crack for kitties! I ran out of my food once and had an old can of FF - I went bizzerk! If you find something you like please let us know!
  • meredith maynardmeredith maynard Member Posts: 80
    edited 3 May, 2007
    Be careful with the natural balance...thats what I used to eat but a few of the flavors have been recalled. Ugh. Good job getting off the feasts - it will be hard but well worth it. That stuff if like crack for kitties! I ran out of my food once and had an old can of FF - I went bizzerk! If you find something you like please let us know!
  • Jerry MikutisJerry Mikutis ChicagoMember Posts: 135
    edited 3 May, 2007
    Ha ha... I'm the exact same way - I will only eat pate style food. I like wellness, but Mommy was feeding me FF for a while b/c she couldn't make it out to the nice pet food store. Well guess what? I'm turning my nose up at the Wellness. Mom is hoping it's b/c she accidentally bought a flavor I don't like - Turkey, instead of Chicken. She opened the Turkey Salmon this evening and I went bonkers for it - the store said that's their most popular flavor. You might want to consider Innova Evo canned - that's pate style also.
  • Mugsy MillerMugsy Miller Member Posts: 839
    edited 5 May, 2007
    Merricks is yummy(we like the canned Lobster Boil best). The only thing is that it gives us icky poops so we only get it a couple time a week. Have you tried Fromms Four Stars line? Roxy likes their wet food. I like their dry. =;