I Can\'t Believe How Fast They Grow!

Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
edited 14 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
I just posted the kitten's 6 week pictures and it is incredible to scroll down all the way to the newborn pictures and see all of the changes in such a short time. They are ALL OVER the room now. Very active, curious, and healthy.

Comments

• Breanna LoweryBreanna Lowery ToledoMember Posts: 80
    edited 9 May, 2007
    AWWW soooo cute! My mewomie says that she knows what you mean about them growing up too fast, I am not much older then your little ones and my momma has seen a big change in me and my brother. =;
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Princess Fiona, you are awfully cute! We have 3 healthy boys in our litter and we all agree! It's a good thing we will all be tutored--I mean neutered--before we are too old. Today is an exciting day! Foster Grandma is going to the humane society to get more FOOD! We LOVE FOOD! Fiona...what color do you think your eyes will be?
    edited 9 May, 2007
    My brother & I are getting a bits and pieces removed tommorrow, my momma set up a nice recovery room in our new house for us but I still don't think that will take the pain away. My momma thinks our eyes will be green because she has seen the change in color the last couple weeks and they seem to favor green. |^| She wants me to add that she thinks you and your siblings eyes will be a pretty shade of blue. %:D%
  • Samba MancusoSamba Mancuso BirminghamMember Posts: 35
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Oh, I'll bet is won't hurt TOO much. Foster Grandma just got back from her vist to the humane society. We are now going to get 6 cans of Purina Pro Plan (Wet ) Kitten Formula until we are ready for adoption. Foster Grandma brought our pictures to the Foster Coordinator and she said how big and healthy we all look! We love Foster Grandma! Our Mommy, Miss Kitty, can not be spayed until about 5 days after we are separated from her, because her milk has to dry up first. Foster Grandma said that she would be happy to keep our Mommy during that time and the Foster Coordinator seemed very happy. We will all go in together and Mommy can have her distemper and any other shots and then Foster Grandma will take her home until her time to get spayed.
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Well, Samba is probably right since he has been through it already. I don't know as much as him. We will be going up for adoption before we are spayed/neutered...I just hope our new people make sure we have all of that stuff done!!!
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Techincally tommorrow my momma has to adopt us too, even though she has been visting us all the time since Easter at our foster home (her in- laws home). She is hoping the humane society allows her to adopt us, we don't see why not but you never know. My pawrents just bought a house and it is plenty big for 2 kittens, she set us up a safe room while they finish moving. Keep your paws crossed for us.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 9 May, 2007
    This is Delyte. Our feral kittens, who were born on the same day as Miss Kitty's, are so much tinier. There is nothing to improve on good care for the mother and good food for her and for the kitties when they start eating. Despite Momcat's being fed by me for the whole time, whatever parasites and germs she has may be doing a number on these kittens. Things are terrible in our household these days. My person's person is in the hospital and he is very ill, may die, and my person is there all day long. We are trying to entertain her when she comes back, but she is not much into it! Meows to you, Miss Kitty and all the little kitties! They are so very cute [although not *quite* as cute as Momcats kittens! ;)]
  • Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Foster mom says she knows that you mean! She said it wasn't long ago that I fell asleep face up in the palm of her hand and my head didn't hang off. Now I can beat up the dog!
    edited 9 May, 2007
    Delyte...we are sorry that things aren't going better and hope that things work out alright. With all your trouble, it is even more special of you to help the feral cat and her kittens. Shimmer...you are doing great with your Foster Mom! Our Foster Grandma went to the humane society today for more food. Thank goodness for the foster program because the food is expensive! She was supplementing what we had with some Friskies but even that is up to 50 cents a can when it is not on sale. Today, we finished our dry. So, Foster Mommy called, requested, and got a new container of Purina Pro Plan dry kitten food and enough wet food so that we can have 6 cans a day until we go up for adoption. She brought our pictures to show the humane society people and they all said we looked great. We are glad our Mommy won't have to go into a cage at the humane society while she waits to be spayed. It will be hard for her to lose us, but at least if she can come back home with Foster Grandma she might not be as sad.
  • Sarah ManolisSarah Manolis San FranciscoMember Posts: 148
    edited 10 May, 2007
    I just added new photos of Jack. He is starting to lose that baby kitten face, at least to me, as I've seen him since the day he was born. The one of him watching TV (yes, that is Food Network) makes him look like such a big cat! s&j
    edited 10 May, 2007
    Oh, yes! He looks like a real 'young cat' now. Very handsome. Foster Grandma also likes how we move and sit more like 'real cats.' She thinks my 6 week old picture makes me look very grown up the way I am sitting with my tail wrapped like a big boy!
    edited 10 May, 2007
    I wanted to add something so I could show MY picture, too. I am such a little lady now...but also a fearless kitten. I love to climb and play and pounce. I will be a very independent young lady and little like my Mommy. You can see how much I grew in a week, because I am on the stool at 6 weeks that I was posing with at 5 weeks.
    edited 10 May, 2007
    I am a good boy too. I am a going to be a nice young man. I love paper bags!
  • Kaitlynn TurnerKaitlynn Turner BroadwayMember Posts: 2
    edited 10 May, 2007
    i am also sorry about the kittens they probbaly will get better i really hope they do good luck oh i have never chated with any of you and i was wondering if you minded if i did see ya later:)
    edited 14 May, 2007
    Seven weeks old today. It is hard to believe that in only one week we will be making the big trip to the humane society...first to the v-e-t and then to find our forever homes. I wonder how that will be?