Um....Mommy\'s Gone!

Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
edited 20 May, 2007 in Kitten Corner
She was spending more and more time out of the room anyway, but today she left in the afternoon and did not come back! We heard Foster Grandma say something about her being spayed tomorrow. We don't really miss her too much so far. We are too busy doing important kitten things like playing, running, eating, and climbing on Foster Grandma. Foster Grandma is much more patient with us than Mommy was...I think Mommy was king of sick of us beating up on her during the last week or so. Foster Grandma is bigger than Mommy, so I guess we don't hurt her as easily (but she does say 'ouch' a lot if one of us starts to climb with our claws!) Other than that, we had a pretty normal afternoon and evening. Chester even announced his use of the litter box as always and Foster Grandma praised him for doing poo. He is such a big mouth and wants credit for everything he does! We had good play time and a good nite-nite time. Anyway, we will try to never forget our Mommy. She was a good Mommy and we will always love her. On Tuesday, though, Foster Grandma says it will be time for us to find NEW Mommys (and/or Daddys.) That sounds kind of exciting...

Comments

• Sandy BonvouloirSandy Bonvouloir MonktonMember Posts: 129
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Littles ones... you have all grown up sooo fast!! Your momma is having a very good thing happen to her, so try not to worry about her too much. I am really going to miss seeing your photos and hearing about your new adventures. Best of luck to you all... |:|
  • Tammy Grey EagleTammy Grey Eagle Member Posts: 5,828
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Best of Luck to you all!:-h
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Thanks everyone! We had a good night and some play time with Foster Grandma this morning...but after she saw some blood on one of her scratches she decided she needed a break. She has managed to ramdomly clip some of our claws over the past couple of weeks, but has a hard time by herself because we squirm so much--and Foster Grandpa won't help her! Sam and I used the litter box together (it is a huge box--really an under bed sweater storage container) after breakfast and did NOT make a big deal out of it like Chester, but Foster Grandma still talked to us while we were in the box and praised us. She is also starting to take us individually out of the room for a few minutes at a time for extra cuddling and socialization.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Meows Marshal, Will you be going to adoption center at PetSmart? If so Mom may get to meet you! She would love that since she's been watching you grow up into a super handsome boy!
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Morgan, no. We are going to the Newington Branch of the CT Humane Society. Foster Grandma has an appointment to drop us off at 10AM on Tuesday. We will get our checkups and shots and should be up for adoption that afternoon. Our Mommy will still be there, but we won't see her. Foster Grandma will, however. She is going to be completing the paperwork to take Mommy home to Foster Grandma's Mother-in-Law (would that be our Foster-Great-Grandma-in-Law?) where she will have her forever home. Mommy is going to be adopted as part of the senior program called 'Pets For People.' Foster Grandma is happy to know that our Mommy will have a good home. So are we.
  • D GarmanD Garman RichmondMember Posts: 745
    edited 18 May, 2007
    Oh, how wonderful!! i'm very happy to hear that kitty mommy is going to find a good home. I'm sure she's ready for some rest and relaxation after such a wild crew! Major kudos to your foster grandma for taking such wondeful care of you all. Purrs, Maggie
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 May, 2007
    Usually Mommies are the last to be adopted out. Your mom is one lucky cat! You all are so cute, I'm sure you will find forever homes very quickly. Maybe even be adopted together like my sister and I were. :D I wish you the best in your new life's adventures.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 May, 2007
    That's a wonderful program! I am so glad your Mom will be part of it! We just told someone who was interested in Dillon to check into it. We will look for your pictures in Newington. We know they bring lots of kittens down to PetSmart too. Mom has to go there next week - we are finaly running out of Fancy Feast. She is hoping she will not fall in love with anyone. She's been lucky going there so far.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 20 May, 2007
    My how you all have grown. I am so glad that you are all behaving...using the box like good little kitties. I am so happy for (soon to be) Sophie. She deserves a wonderful home and I know she found one. All of the babies will find homes quickly. It's been great to watch them grow (through your pictures and stories). Many purrs!