No Good Very Bad Day

Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
edited 27 February, 2006 in Plus Fun
*I posted something similar in the cat behavior forum* Yesterday I went to the vet for some kind of check up and a fecal test. Mom dropped me off at 8:30 and they said to return at 2. At 2 mom got me and they said I scratched, bit and hissed at the assistants!!! Because of this I now have a red flag in my chart!!!! Mom was shocked! I usually love attention, and have done fine at the vet on my previous 5 visits. She was with me 4 of the times and the 5th was when I was spayed. Now she's ordering me something called Soft Claws to keep me from scratching. Also she's looking for a new vet, because she thinks maybe they did something to provoke my sudden outburst of anger. Finally she thinks maybe she had a little to do with this because I'm SPOILED. I'm allowed most anything, at anytime and anywhere. Mom wants to know how to un-spoil me without abuse or neglect? Mom's also afraid that maybe I am a bad cat. In 3 months I will be officially out of my kittenhood and maybe this scratching/biting/hissing thing is a part of my permanent adult cat behavior.

Comments

• Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Heh heh. Zori my lil friend, dont worry about the red flag thing at the vet, I have one too!! I'm the sweetest cat ever at home, but take me to the vet and I am their worst nightmare!! *blushes a bit* Cant help myself. All those strange smells, noises and cats/dogs just drives me mad. Guess we are alike in more ways than our looks.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    MOL We are all purrrfect angels at the vet and act worse at home!!! The vet loves to see us coming! I think sometimes just being grabbed out of the cage can start a problem and if the vet or assistant reacts badly to that it just gets worse. I have seen many scratches on the assistant's arms!!!