when i was a stray

kelsey cunninghamkelsey cunningham PortlandMember Posts: 7
edited 29 May, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
when i was a stray cat, i had to eat rotten fish, eaten fish with just the bone and eyes that were freaking me out! i also had fleas because i was laying down on the side walk! i went to sleep and just then,:^:

Comments

• Shellie DeanShellie Dean BadenMember Posts: 330
    edited 28 May, 2007
    When I was a stray................................ I was brought to the shelter by animal control with a "traveling companion" kitty. My new mommy saw me there the next day and gave the people there some money. They took away my food for a while and gave me a shot that made me sleep. When I woke up my testicles were GONE!!:-O Then my mommy came with a carrier and brought me to where I live now (like a king, I might add). It's much better here than on the street!:D
  • Shellie DeanShellie Dean BadenMember Posts: 330
    edited 28 May, 2007
    When I was a stray............ I hardly remember it, I was so young, but someone found me in a ditch, in the rain,with my left rear leg mangled and covered with maggots!:( They took me to the animal shelter in a box, and the people there (my current meowny was one of them) cleaned up my leg, fed me, and put a big splint on my broken leg. In a couple days, my leg was getting cold and black, so the vet at the shelter had to amputate it. I went to a foster home for a couple weeks, then my mom came for me and brought me to my forever home.:) It\'s really nice here-- I have 2 big dogs and another kitty (brother Bailey from above post) to terrorize!!:)) From the very first day, I let everyone here know that I am a princess and in charge here!;)
  • Lis CareyLis Carey Member Posts: 5,402
    edited 29 May, 2007
    My cat mom and my whole litter got picked up and taken to a shelter. I was there for weeks and weeks because they said I was too sick. I had diarrhea and vomiting nearly every day, even though they got rid of all my parasites and couldn't find anything wrong with me. One day my human mommy came in and I saw her and LEAPED into her arms! I'd never seen her before but I knew right away who she was! They still didn't want to let me go home with her because I was sick and I was so tiny--only a pound and a half at four months!--but eventually I made them understand that my human mommy was the best person to take care of me. It took two weeks! And my human mommy took me home, and introduced me to my new sisters, and started watching what I ate and when I got sick. And it was anything with beef in it! So I stopped getting sick, and I started growing! Now my mommy feeds me Felidae dry and cooks my wet meals for me. It is sooo much better than being a stray, or even in the shelter where they wanted so much to help, but couldn't figure out what was wrong!
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 29 May, 2007
    It's Stella. When I was a stray I lived outside and slept beneath a car cover when it rained. And my brother and sister disappeared and no one knew what happened to them, just like my little half-brother and sisters have now disappeared. I was the only one left and my person, who had been feeding my mother and then us kittens, caught me in a humane trap and took me inside, where I now live like a princess. But I still want to go outside!