Raw food

Veronica NieburVeronica Niebur Member Posts: 49
edited 14 January, 2006 in Food & Nutrition
Hi, I am speakin for the family. Mom wants to go raw organic I like raw meat and so does Loki but the other 2 are not so sure (spoiled mommas boys). I am always sick(urinary and Fat) the others ok for now. any thoughts??? Thanx

Comments

• Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, Soleil! I eat raw organic food, and I love it! It\'s true that good food is the best medicine. I had some urinary tract issues along with general poor health, and I have thrived on raw food since I started eating it two years ago. After a few weeks on raw, I became much more active and perky, and my fur -- oh, my fur! It\'s so soft and silky! The really important thing is to make sure you are getting a balanced meal including the proper levels of calcium, magnesium and so forth. There are plenty of good books out there with recipes for our meals, including books authored by Anitra Frazier and Dr. Richard Pitcairn, among others. There\'s also a wealth of information on the internet, too.
  • Carissa DuttonCarissa Dutton New Westminster / Burnaby / VaMember Posts: 122
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me and my sister (the D-O-G too) are all on raw diets as well. I had urinary crystals as well when I was on kibble. Mom adds half a capsule of cranberry extract from the human health store to my food everyday. Magnesium is something you need to avoid ... well not so much avoid as have a lower intake ... when you have a history with crystals. Because fish is high in magnesium, we don't get any. :( Our fur is silky soft too. And mom says she isn't in danger of being knocked out when she changes our litter box either. hehehe In case you're wondering we get: chicken, beef, buffalo, emu, and turkey. Just one of those choices once a day, and we only need 100g (3.5 oz).