Hi

Jill CrouseJill Crouse Beaver BankMember Posts: 10,796
edited 30 May, 2007 in Cat Health
My mom is concern about me not sure why I go around meowing in the morning and i`m not playing like i did.Mom got me new balls hopeing it would help but nothing change is it because i`m getting older will the playing part leave me i will be a year old on June 13 Could my mom be worry? I`m the first indoor cat for her and dad can anyone ease their mine

Comments

• Sharon MurphySharon Murphy SurreyMember Posts: 1,652
    edited 30 May, 2007
    In my opinion you should take Callie into the vet just for a general check up. There might be nothing wrong - Alaidh went through a month or so at that age where she refused to play and the vet never found anything wrong, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Most, but not all, cats play well into their adulthood - especially when they're indoor cats and don't hunt. Alaidh only stopped playing this year...and that has a lot to do with me taking her catnip away...it makes her pee...lol. Oh...and she's 18 now.
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 30 May, 2007
    I agree that maybe a vet check to rule out any problems is not a bad idea. Some cats are just more playful than others. My brother BeeJay would play briefly with new toys, but not a lot. I personally like to attack my purple mousie from time to time and mom got me a new laser light that is fun. Some cats are also more vocal than others, so as long as the morning sounds don't seem to be pain related the cat might just be telling you how their night went. Bella is quite a talker any time she's awake.