Is it too Early for Us?

Altera HarrisAltera Harris BainbridgeMember Posts: 2
edited 7 June, 2007 in Cat Health
Me and my sibs. are only 4 weeks old. Our momma had us under our owners deck. Should we still be uder the deck for safety or is it okay to be running around out side

Comments

• Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 7 June, 2007
    We turned 4 weeks old today and are in foster care. We love to explore all over the room. It is normal for 4 weeks old kittens to be out and about, and, unless you are going to try to do something to confine them, there is nothing you can do to stop them from wandering away from the nest area. We are just learning about the world, and unless we are kept safe and confined we can get into trouble. It is very dangerous, though. Being outside is a health hazard by itself, but, when you add the fact that there are many other dangers, there is a great risk that harm will come to the kittens.
  • Lis CareyLis Carey Member Posts: 5,402
    edited 7 June, 2007
    If you and your momma can be gotten inside somewhere safe, that would be the best thing. But wherever you are, inside or out, you're at an age when you are going to start to explore a little bit, even though you need to stay with your momma for weeks more to come. If you are going to remain Outside kitties, she'll start teaching you how to hunt. I would see if your momma can con some nice, gullible human into taking you in. That's the safest thing, and it's lots nicer, too! I was born Outside, and my cat momma found someone to take us in, and then I found my human Mommy! I was the runt of the litter, and I would probably have starved or been killed if cat momma hadn't found some nice humans to help.