I can\'t stop licking!!! and I REALLY want to eat some grass.

Becky SievertBecky Sievert ChicagoMember Posts: 3
edited 7 June, 2007 in Cat Health
About 2 months ago I licked a bald spot on one of my front paws. After that, I couldn't stop. Now I have two bald legs, no fur in my "armpits" and a few small bald spots on my sides and belly. My mom tries to make me stop, but I don't want to. I heard her making a vet appointment for me, but I don't want to go! I am an older cat and I haven't had any significant changes in my life that recently. (About nine months ago, Mom got me two baby brothers to take care of, but I didn't start licking until recently.) I also have really been trying everything I can to get outside and eat grass, but Mom doesn't let me go! I have been getting mad about this. Could this be why I am licking so much? Should Mom get me some Cat-grass?

Comments

• Cheryl AyerCheryl Ayer RockportMember Posts: 330
    edited 7 June, 2007
    Seems like some cat grass wouldn't hurt. A vet visit is definitely in order to make sure you don't have a skin disease or an allergy. I liked all the fur off my belly and front paws once, and the vet looked me over and declared it to be a psychological issue. I was very insulted and stopped doing it after that. (Emmett's mom: He really stopped after the vet visit -- odd!)
  • Becky SievertBecky Sievert ChicagoMember Posts: 3
    edited 7 June, 2007
    Thanks Emmet, I guess I'll get in my carrier so Mom can take me to the vet! Hopefully it will help.
  • Cheryl AyerCheryl Ayer RockportMember Posts: 330
    edited 7 June, 2007
    Sure. I hope you get better. Keep us posted!
  • edited 7 June, 2007
    Cat grass is great! I throw up if I eat outside grass, so Mom buys us cat grass, and we love it. You probably want the extra vitamins you get from greens, so try putting some cooked veggies as food as well. Just try different things to figure out what you will eat, then use that as treats. Greenies also are good.
  • Becky SievertBecky Sievert ChicagoMember Posts: 3
    edited 7 June, 2007
    Cool!! I love Greenies, but I haven't had them in awhile. What veggies are good to eat? Like peas, or broccoli, or carrots, or what? My mom really can't cook, so that'll take some convincing...but I'll see what I can do.