Less than 300 signatures to go!

Elizabeth CharonElizabeth Charon San FranciscoMember Posts: 523
edited 8 June, 2007 in Plus Informational
Hello Fellow Catsters! If you have not heard the story of the YouTube kitty, it is a sad one. Last week I was browsing through funny cat videos and came across one in which a 16 year old boy was torturing a cat. Outraged, I asked my fellow Catsters for help (The thread is in Laws and Legislations forum). Of course, they responded and with the help of fellow Dogsters, we were able to pressure the kid to remove the video and also we contacted the parents! The parents have informed us that they are getting the kid the help he needs. The problem is, this video was on YouTube for almost 4 months! Hundreds of users flagged the video to be removed and YouTube took no acton to do so!! We have created a petition asking YouTube to enforce their own codes of conduct by not allowing videos of animal abuse to be shown. Sadly, the video I found was not the only one depicting cruelty to animals. Mr.D has created a video on YouTube asking users to sign the petition, it can be found here- Please sign the petiton and help keep videos of animal abuse out of YouTube!! The petition can be found here- http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/956629011 We only need less than 300 signatures! When we hit 1,000 signatures I will hand deliver this petition to the CEO of YouTube myself!! Thank you!

Comments

• Carli CronjeCarli Cronje PretoriaMember Posts: 4,447
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Come on kitties!!!! Those of you haven't signed please go do it!!!! Yours might be the one that makes the 1000!!!! |^| Please go sign |^| Purrty please |^|
  • bree keybree key Small TownMember Posts: 3,005
    edited 23 March, 2007
    We are signing it right now. I have e-mail 10 non-catster friend who have cats to sign too! I will send out paw-mails to my friends about it, too!
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Please kitties, help us with the petition. When you are on the petition page, near the upper right there is a white stats box with a link for emailing the page. Please forward on to any of your friends and family who are oppsed to animal abuse!!! Thank you all so much for your support!!
  • Jacquelyn HalderJacquelyn Halder Member Posts: 32
    edited 25 March, 2007
    I have reported them and Sharkle & a few other video sites that have had horrible animal abuse videos. They turn a blind eye most of the time but this petition is a great idea & I\'m heading off to sign it right this minute. I hope the kid\'s parents are forced to get help for their kid and that it will be court ordered & supervised. Kids that abuse innocent animals grow up to be serial killers. It\'s just too sick! I can never believe there are people who would want to harm an innocent animal...yet it happens globally every second of every day. Don\'t even get me started on the horrifying atrocities that take place in the Phillipines & elsewhere...but it\'s up to all of us to help end it and I applaud your petition. Purrs & headbutts... Kirby, Kody, Keetah & Abby =D>:^:
  • Jacquelyn HalderJacquelyn Halder Member Posts: 32
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Our signature was the 810th one....only 190 more signatures needed!!! Woo hoo!!!!! MeeeeYOWza!!! Mol!!! Purrs & huggys!!! ;c;
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 26 March, 2007
    Mom emailed to all our family and friends, and also two rescue/transports. We requested that they please forward it on ... and on... and so forth. We are seeing names we know. Woo Hoo! YouTube will hear us MOL! :-#
  • Claire AbelClaire Abel VallejoMember Posts: 19,753
    edited 26 March, 2007
    I just signed and it is up to #899 - we're getting close kitties, keep up the good work! :^:
  • R FormanR Forman BrooklynMember Posts: 254
    edited 26 March, 2007
    Mom just signed up to 900 now!%:D%
  • shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    edited 27 March, 2007
    We signed early on. Come on kitties! Let's all sign and reach the mark!
  • yEN NgyEN Ng SgMember Posts: 26
    edited 28 March, 2007
    Less than 30 signatures to go! Nikki get ready to Youtube anytime today!
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 March, 2007
    Keep up the good work Nikki....excellent so far, excellent.

Bruce The Boss

• edited 29 March, 2007
    Our cat mother signed. We told her she was bad to be so slow on the uptake! Hope this makes an impact....the violence must stop.
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March, 2007
    JACQUES!!!! :-O Long time no meow, its great to see you.....the one who showed me the way :)) How many signatures to go now Nikki?

Bruce The Boss

• edited 30 March, 2007
    I think we are over the top...there were a lot of stats on there so the signatures must have been coming in fast! *waves to The Boss* Pretty funny...I remember you kept asking me who the secret moderators were until I told you it was right under your nose!! Ha ha...now look who's where?!
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 30 March, 2007
    We will be signing it right away. My mommy is also going to post the story and link to sign in on her louisvillemojo.com critter group forum. We know lots of other humans from that site will sign as well. I can\'t believe anyone would want to hurt one of us. That\'s horrible. Thanks goodness I have a great mommy and a safe home.
  • Camille KnutsonCamille Knutson Member Posts: 100
    edited 5 June, 2007
    We just signed...there are over 1,500 signatures!!! Meowie Wowie!!
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 5 June, 2007
    Hi kitties, The are now asking for 2000 signatures,we have 500 more to go. Come on there are over 100,000 kitties on catster~ We can do it~ Love Wally
  • Roberta GormanRoberta Gorman Fleetwood, Westchester Cty, NYMember Posts: 321
    edited 6 June, 2007
    We signed! Good job Mad Cat! Elly, Benny, Jason and Nikki|$|
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 6 June, 2007
    Mom signed for us! Too bad we can't each sign fur ourselves - that would have made it 8 votes instead of just the one...oh well :? the thing is we DID sign!!!! Go Mama!!!
  • Sam SlocombeSam Slocombe WokingMember Posts: 37
    edited 6 June, 2007
    I have tried but it wont let me as i dont have a zip code- the site wont accept and English postcode - any suggestions?
  • Anja R- D'AmbrosioAnja R- D'Ambrosio MapleMember Posts: 668
    edited 6 June, 2007
    Okay,i have been trying to get to the petition site,but it says isn't there anymore...i wanna sign,but how can i do that?? Your link doesn't work!! Any suggestion??:?
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 7 June, 2007
    Signed! I copied and pasted the secong link that Nikki has on the 1st posting. I could do nothing at the YouTube link.
  • Kimberly DouglasKimberly Douglas HannibalMember Posts: 8,260
    edited 7 June, 2007
    My mom signed!
  • Candace WalkerCandace Walker Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 3
    edited 8 June, 2007
    I just signed the petition a few minutes ago and it is up to 1,525 signatures! The goal is 2,000 now, so please keep signing and letting other animal-lovers know!