Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Cheetos?

Melissa ThomasMelissa Thomas College ParkMember Posts: 647
edited 14 January, 2006 in Food & Nutrition
Apparently, I like Cheetos. Mom never even suspected this might be the case. I lick the outside. Anyone else? Also, do Cheetos count as Biologically Appropriate Raw Food?

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sorry, Fang, they do not. :( Mom had a cat named Taffy who chowed down on Doritos. You couldn't keep her away from them!
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha! I've tried to convince mom that cheez-its are biologically appropriate for a cat but she's not buying it. *looks off to the side menacingly* Must find another means to satisfy my craving....
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh my gosh! I love cheddar treats, too!!! I ate a cheeto once. And one time I got one of those goldfish crackers, too. My human was eating them out of a little bowl, and I kept sniffing at them until she gave in and let me have one. YUMMY!!! If they are not appropriate food for us, they should be!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mom doesn't buy Cheetos that often, but I do love to lick the orange off her fingers. I love Cheez-Its too! I know the instant that Mommy takes them out of the cupboard, and I wait like a dog for a bone (pun intended) for her to drop a crumb my way! I love cheese too. It's yummy yummy yummy in my tummy!
  • Wendy HutchisonWendy Hutchison Member Posts: 46
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, I love doritos! Mommy doesn't get them very often, but when she does I always ask for some. She usually says no ... to ME! but sometimes she will give me just a tiny piece. My aunt's "things" (she calls them cats, but I know better) like just about anything, they're not picky. Most of them love chips and salsa.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *licks lips at the word Cheetos*
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love to lick the fake cheese off the Cheetoes! mmmmmmmm I also love plain Pringles.
  • KittymomKittymom MiltonMember Posts: 266 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like Doritos too. I've never tried Cheetos but it doesn't matter anymore anyhow. Mom's on a diet so that means I am too. I only get kitty snacks now because Mom eats dry popcorn for her snacks. ugh!!! Mom never gave me much of human snacks anyway, she says human food is hardly good for humans, let alone kitties. Dad let me have a small bite of his plain donut the other day, though. Till Mom caught him and that was the end of that.
  • Sarah FranklinSarah Franklin TampaMember Posts: 10
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I LOVE Cheetos!!! i will knock over bags of cheetos, jump on furniture just to stick my head in the bag, and cry if i don't get cheetos when people are eating them. I used to just lick them, but now I actually eat them! Not only that, but I LOVE the Flamin' Hot cheetos! My people think that those would make me thirsty or that i wouldn't like them, but I love them! (we only let Christine have cheetos about once a month, and only one when we do- when she finishes it, thats all she gets- they can't be good for her (especially the flamin hots!))