First time with fleas, any advice?

Alma (& Josh) Van DorpeAlma (& Josh) Van Dorpe ChicagoMember Posts: 49
edited 10 June, 2007 in Grooming
This is the first time I've gotten fleas ever. My mommy took me to the vet already and we got revolution for me and for my two brothers. Is there anything else that my mommy and daddy can do to help get rid of the little buggers? This is the first time they've ever had to deal with fleas. So they're clueless. :^:

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 9 June, 2007
    Apply the Revolution monthly. You may need to treat your house depending on how bad the infestation is. I like Vet Kem's Siphotrol area treatment spray (it may now be called Premise spray). Do not use flea bombs...they don't work. No matter what type of product you decide to use, there are steps that must be followed. First, vacuum everywhere. Closets, under furniture and beds, couches, anywhere the cats lay, sleep or walk. Second, empty your vacuum bag (or the contents of the vacuum) in an outside trash can. You can cut up a flea collar to use inside the bag, but the contents still need to be discarded outside. Treat the house. In 2-3 weeks, repeat the process...entirely. This should rid your house of fleas. Continue to use monthly flea protection, especially ion the summer months.
  • Melissa RyanMelissa Ryan Fall RiverMember Posts: 401
    edited 10 June, 2007
    If your cat isn't petrified of getting wet...I would recommend a bath with flea soap. I used to have fleas and meowmy always used this on me. I believe the brand was Hartz...