Variations of the Distemper shot?

Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
edited 16 June, 2007 in Cat Health
My new mistress found out (from the foster lady) that I am allergic to the distemper shot and that I had one when I was much younger, but I got so sick I almost died! :-O I was wondering if anykitty has had this problem, and if there is a variation. There must be something, because I guess I haven't had a problem in my 12 other years without it! Just curious. I'm a curious kitty, okay?

Comments

• Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 13 June, 2007
    Okay, guess no one knows. Forget I asked
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 16 June, 2007
    There are no variations on the FVRCP vaccination, except that some of the vaccines have the Clamydia (FVRCPC), while others do not. Instead of getting vaccinated you can have a blood test done. This will test for vaccine titers and will tell you if you are protected against these viral infections. They are not 100% accurate (and they are expensive) but if you want to or need to know if you have antibodies to theses viruses, then getting the blood test would not be a bad idea.