Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Am I pregnant?

robyn nrobyn n Member Posts: 234
edited 23 June, 2007 in Cat Health
About 2 months ago I decided to sneak out of the house (I have been mostly good since then) I have never shown any signs of ever going in to heat. Because of that mommy thinks I might have gotten pregnant. She has even put off having me fixed because of that.:-$ Only mommy can't seem to decided weather I am or not. Not only have I not shown any signs of going into heat I haven't really shown any pregnancy signs either except for being extra clingy to her. Ontop of that I have really worried mommy because despite no change in my diet I have become alittle um.....:r constipated and I am getting a little sore down there. Could that be a pregnancy sign? Or does that warrent a trip to the vet?

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 20 June, 2007
    Hi Charm, I wish we could tell you some signs of pregnancy but I don't know any. Might I suggest a trip to the vet? The vet can confirm if you are pregnant and if you are not. You need to get fixed so that you won't risk sneaking out again and getting pregnant. Good luck!
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 20 June, 2007
    Yeah I agree the vet is the best option, if your not pregnant you can schedule your neutering appointment the same day as well!
  • robyn nrobyn n Member Posts: 234
    edited 21 June, 2007
    Great my vet is on vacation and won't be back untill monday.(He is the only one that lets mom make payments) I have been acting very strangly since last night. Nesting maybe?
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 21 June, 2007
    Mommy doesn't know signs of kitty pregnancy, but she tells me that tummy problems, like constipation, are a big problem for people. Good luck! Let us know what the vet says next week. Monday isn't too far away! (You may want to add some hairball remedy to help with the constipation.)
  • Katina VentimigliaKatina Ventimiglia HUDSONMember Posts: 36
    edited 22 June, 2007
    I am currently pregnant. About 4 weeks almost 5 to be exact. Mommy noticed that I was eating a lot more, sleeping a lot more, and looking a little thicker in my tummy area. Another big thing mommy noticed was no heat cycle and my nipples were getting bigger and pinker. On the last trip to the vet, at 3 weeks pregnant, the vet said that she could feel at least 3 kittens. I go monday for an xray to find out for sure how many I'm going to have. One more thing mommy said that tummy felt harder and rounder. I hope this helps. I would still go to the vet just to make sure.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 23 June, 2007
    Go into the vet...have them check your constipation issue. However, if you only escaped one time, about 2 months ago, then you should be ready to deliver anytime now. A cat's gestation period is about 65 days. You would be larger in the abdomen, larger nipples (you should be able to get milk out of them), along with an urge to nest. If there is no chance that you got out since this one time occurance 2 months ago and you are not showing any signs like this then you are likely not pregnant.