Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

i\\\'m sneezey :(

Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
edited 25 June, 2007 in Cat Health
i\'m an indoor kitty that only lives with humans & dogs...over the last few days mommy has noticed that i have been sneezing a bit. should mommy take me to the vet??:?:?

Comments

• Kelly BrayKelly Bray Stoke-on-TrentMember Posts: 65
    edited 24 June, 2007
    I do think it's worth a little trip to the vet, just to be on the safe side. My step nan has got 5 cats and last year one of her oldest cats started to sneeze. nanna took her to the vet and it turns out shes got an allergy to fur!!! Don't know what thats all about, anyway, Clio (the sneezy cat) just has to have drops now and again. Other than that she's fine.
  • LeAnna WilkersonLeAnna Wilkerson Kansas CityMember Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited 24 June, 2007
    Let me start by saying that I'm very sorry you're sneezing so much! Meowmy and I know how frustrating that is. I started sneezing a few months after she got me and it's been an ongoing thing since then. I think having your meowmy take you to the vet is a good idea. My meowmy took me and it turned out that I have the Herpes virus for cats, which causes upper respiratory infections. When I have a flare up I have to take Baytril and Prednisolone. Meowmy did some hollistic research though and talked to her vet about me taking Lysine all that time. That has really helped me to not have so many flareups. Meowmy just mixes it up in some wet food for me every night. I hope that helps some!! Riley
  • Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
    edited 25 June, 2007
    my mommy\'s co-wrkers kitty has herpes as well so mommy was thinking about that. my parents got me from a rescue grp & fostered me along with other kitties. unfortunately, one of the kitties that was fostered at the same time as me had herpes & no one told mommy. mommy did her own research & spoke with her co-wkrer re: the symptoms the other foster kitty had...we\'re pretty sure it was herpes. mommy has since done research & thinks i do have some of the symptoms but they\'re very mild. mommy does not want to pump me with meds if she doesn\'t have to...here\'s hoping my symptoms don\'t worsen.