Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Swollen Lips - sink faucet allergy?

Adrienne HynekAdrienne Hynek Burlington, MAMember Posts: 10
edited 2 July, 2007 in Cat Health
I have a bit of a skin allergy and get bumps on my nose and bumps on my neck, but they disappear with a steroid cream that my vet has given me. In the last few days, the corners of my lips began to swell up, and I\'m wondering if it\'s the same thing OR if maybe it has something to do with the fact that I\'m obsessed with the sink faucet?

Comments

• Amanda BeebeAmanda Beebe Member Posts: 12
    edited 27 June, 2007
    It could be an allergy to something coming from the faucet, or even the cleaning products used on it. I'd call your vet, seeing as you already have seen him for the allergies, and see what they suggest. Try staying away from the faucet for a few days and see if the swelling goes down.
  • Adrienne HynekAdrienne Hynek Burlington, MAMember Posts: 10
    edited 27 June, 2007
    Thank you Anna, I am staying away from the faucet now, and I am not happy about it! At all! But swelling may be receding already.
    edited 27 June, 2007
    You should get your parent(s) to buy you one of those neat foutains to drink from. My mommy got one for me because I couldn't stay away from the sink...it was to the point I'd stand outside her pottyroom and cry til she turned on the faucet!! Much better from the fountain.
  • Adrienne HynekAdrienne Hynek Burlington, MAMember Posts: 10
    edited 28 June, 2007
    Anna, we are very much alike. My mommy bought me a drinking fountain, which is more and more intriguing each day. The problem is that it doesn't drip all over my face like the faucet. But, I am finding that my many ploys to get her to turn on the faucet are no longer working...maybe they will think of something else soon! About the corners of my mouth...not sure they are going down, but they don't bother me at all. It could be another allergy, like I often get on my nose...just curious if anyone else had issues with water faucets causing bumps or swelling.
    edited 2 July, 2007
    Hey Reesie, I'm posting on behalf of my sister. Mom took her out of the house today, and she hasn't returned yet...odd, normally mom brings her back. But I hear mom tell her friend that she's having her surgery...it didn't sound like it was a fun thing, I'm real glad mom left me in the house this morning when she left!! I'm glad to hear the swelling isn't bothering you...I don't like the fountain, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of running water. It makes the Princess happy, so mom uses it...I hear that Mom's mom has a cat that demands the water, and I think she's gotten to the point as of late to nip on toes to get the water turned on. Have you tried that yet? Maybe you should play a game by the sink. Lay on your side, and hold your breath. Maybe they'll think you need some good reviving and turn on some water and splash it on you and will get your wish. Try it and let me know.