Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Dealing with FHL :-( - - UPDATE!

Ashley SkalaAshley Skala San FranciscoMember Posts: 92
edited 4 July, 2007 in Cat Health
Hey guys I just wanted to send an update out on how I\'m doing. Yesterday I took a ride in the car to the vet. Mom was very hopeful they\'d get a normal blood panel and we\'d get this whole thing behind us. Well, not quite but I\'m MUCH better than I was before. The vet said, my liver level is a .3 and .4 is where I should be. Darn measly decimal!!!! :-{ It looks like after the 4th of July is when I can get it out. I\'ve gotta eat well for another whole week! Jeez these people are really misleading! Tellin me it\'d only be a week *hmph*! So momma will be callin on Tuesday to check in and let them know how I\'m doing. Anyway, my people are VERY pleased that I\'ve put on weight and we\'re almost there! ;c; %:D% =D> I know...I\'m more axious than anyone else, to get this ichy sweater off so I can clean myself all over! They don\'t have a clue how this feels! I\'ve got dandruff all over- it\'s so unnatural! I keep licking my legs and tail since it\'s all I can reach and get to. Mom and Christopher say I\'m gunna hack up blue hairballs from licking the sweater! ::o I keep getting my tongue stuck on it! Mom says she\'ll update when I\'m finally tube free! Thanks for all the support everybody! :^: Meow- MuShu

Comments

• Lisa BLisa B Western WashingtonMember Posts: 129
    edited 29 June, 2007
    MuShu- We're still purring for you!! Glad to hear that you're getting better! ;c; -Kale and Xavier
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 29 June, 2007
    Congrats! I'm glad you are doing better. Not much longer til the sweater can come off! Purrs!
  • Michelle MelvilleMichelle Melville Member Posts: 96
    edited 1 July, 2007
    You ha dme worried MuShu with the :-( face. Good to hear you've nearly beaten this illness. you give me hope that i can beat it too.
  • Ashley SkalaAshley Skala San FranciscoMember Posts: 92
    edited 2 July, 2007
    Sorry about worrying you Freddy, that was a previous forum post I named: "Dealing with FHL :-(" I figured I should leave it the same and put UPDATE...but I should have changed it as he's doing so much better now! Doh! But I'm still doing well...I was bein a crazy kitty last night running around the apartment! |$| It was fun! ;) Anyway I can't wait til Thursday, I think that's when the tube comes out FINALLY! :c9 %:D% Hope you are having a good day Freddy, how are you feeling?? How are the feedings going? Meow... MuShu
  • Michelle MelvilleMichelle Melville Member Posts: 96
    edited 4 July, 2007
    I'm eating a bit on my own MuShu, but Meowmy is still syringe feeding me. I think i might be making a visit to the vets next week to check on how i'm going. Even if i don't have an appointment it's only 5 minutes down the road to weigh him. Scales are in the waiting room. Meowmy would like me to get checked though so we can check my hydration. I post regular updates on my diary and thread rather than hijacking your thread.