Smelly bum!!

Kelly BrayKelly Bray Stoke-on-TrentMember Posts: 65
edited 6 July, 2007 in Cat Health
Hey guys, this is a bit embarrassing but I’ve got a smelly bum and need your help. I have Whiskers pouches and Go Cat biscuits. Suki is fine but I’ve got such a smelly bum. What do you recommend?

Comments

• TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 26 June, 2007
    Have you anal glands checked.
  • Kelly BrayKelly Bray Stoke-on-TrentMember Posts: 65
    edited 26 June, 2007
    Hi Baby, I may need to get it checked out. I've always been like this and because I was a stray I went to the vets a LOT and had lots of checks and nothing was found.
  • Nancy GraceNancy Grace near Ft. WorthMember Posts: 104
    edited 26 June, 2007
    Stay away from seafood for one and keep a food diary noting which one makes you stink the worst. Eat the same food for a week to give your body a chance to adjust. Also try different I also had this problem as an indoor kitty (I won't say if it still is as an outdoor one). This is just as embarrasing, but you may have to have your bum patted dry once or twice by mom as you leave the box. Good Luck!
  • Kelly BrayKelly Bray Stoke-on-TrentMember Posts: 65
    edited 27 June, 2007
    Thanks for the advice Slick, mums making notes as we talk!!!
  • Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
    edited 5 July, 2007
    i have 3 dogs brothers & mommy baby wipes all of us after each bowl movement. i hate it but mommy always says if i want on the counters & to lye on pillows then i need to be fresh & clean:-O
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 July, 2007
    Some foods cause smelly bums while others do not. You might try another food for a few weeks and see if that changes things.
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 5 July, 2007
    I have the same problem. For some reason, I like to help all the other kitties keep their bottoms clean, but they don't clean mine like my littermates did and I just don't wash mine enough. Mommy keeps baby wipes around and when I have a "stinky bottom" mommy gives my bottom a washing with them. I hate it, but I've left "stuff" on the bed, sofa, etc. before so mommy says it has to be done. She even calls me "tinky butt" as a nickname sometimes. How embarrassing :r
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 6 July, 2007
    I don't know if this will help, but: mommy had to put me on an all wet food diet when I had a URI because she needed to put the antibiotics in my food, and so she needed to get me to eat it along with the food (force feeding the antibiotic was nigh impossible). She noticed that my nether region smelled more when she gave me this yummy turkey&salmon wet food exclusively. Once I went back to a combination of dry and wet food, the problem went away. I will also note that I have no problem with stinky butt when I have other flavors of wet food, including ocean fish and tuna. Mommy also heard that the better quality the food you feed your pet, the less stinky their poo and butts are. You might want to try a different brand of food to see if that helps. There's several threads in the food forum about good wet food brands (personally, I am fond of Wellness food, and also of Whole Foods's own label canned food; I tried other wet food premium brands, and they got my tummy a bit upset afterward, so mommy sticks with those).
  • Michelle MelvilleMichelle Melville Member Posts: 96
    edited 6 July, 2007
    Kiara and i don't fart at all. That Meowmy notices anyway. Yet our step-brothers have really bad tummies for it. Especially Shiloh, the Mainecoon kitten. He can really wiff when he drops one. We're fed premium foods while they get whiskas.