Rosette Messages

Teresa AmorosoTeresa Amoroso ManassasMember Posts: 470
edited 12 July, 2007 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Hi Everycat, Can anyone tell us how to put art in Rosette and Star Messages? I only know how to type the message. I would like to send images too. Thanks! Reggie

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 1 July, 2007
    Hi Reggie, This is how it was explained to me. Go to a free graphic site like www.photobucket.com and get yourself an account. Then browse the images to find the one you want. Save it to your foler on Photobucket. Once you do it will give you an HTML code below it. Copy that code and paste it into a rosette. Make sure that if you move a image to another folder or delete it from your photobucket account, the image will not show up any more. I just save it and leave it. I hope this helps. I am just learning a lot of this stuff myself. Thanks goodness there are lots of kitties around to give us advise.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 1 July, 2007
    If you go to a site that offers graphics for websites like MySpace and such, you'll find that each graphic has an HTML code. You can just copy it and place it in your star or rosette message. No need to save it in photobucket unless you will be using the graphic again.
  • edited 1 July, 2007
    You can also make a photo of your own, put it in photobucket, and it will be "coded" so you can use it in a rosette, size it as a thumbnail and other things. Then copy the html or other code into the space where you would write your rosette message. We used this with our own art, and you can make whatever you like. be bop
  • JANE STUTFIELDJANE STUTFIELD BERKELEYMember Posts: 2,203
    edited 2 July, 2007
    How do you size a graphic so that it fits in the rosette?? The graphics are always too big for the rosette space in the rosettes I've received. Do you resize in the code? :-k Oliver
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 2 July, 2007
    I always suggest that you put the graphic in a photobucket account. If the file is removed, or renamed, or the site disappears and never comes back - the rosette will be messed up forever. Mom has a folder set aside for rosettes and stars so she will know nothing changes with them. Ollie. All you need to do is add width = XX right after the image file. The height will adjust accordingly. HQ will fix any rosettes you mess up. :-#
  • Meghan NoceMeghan Noce RuidosoMember Posts: 309
    edited 11 July, 2007
    here is the place that I get mine from you just put the code inside these ( code here ) and type your message here is the site http://www.glitter-graphics.com/
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Here are the full instructions http://catstercodes.twilightmoon.net/rosettes.htm Neferkitty has lots of other cool catster code tricks on that site!!!!
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 12 July, 2007
    I just use the img src HTML code to insert pictures into rosette messages. I Google for pictures and just use the picture's URL. Nerferkitty's web site has more info on how to use the img src code.