Whats my coloration???

Rachel RidgleyRachel Ridgley NewarkMember Posts: 59
edited 14 July, 2007 in Kitten Corner
Mom thinks I might just be a tabby, but my stripes are different than other tabbys shes seen that are labeled as tabby coloration here on the site. Help! Also, mom's still trying to name me! She's figured out I'm a little girl and she's open to anny suggestions!

Comments

• Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Hello Pretty Miss: We visited your page and gave you a treat and a Rosette. As for a name, how about the name \"Nefer\"....in the ancient Egyptian language this means \"beautiful\". (I think you are beautiful....if you will forgive me for being so forward). Meowmy said you look like a cat she had and his markings were described as \"Mackerel Tabby\". His name was Thomas O\'Malley (she lost him and three other cats in Hurricane Katrina). Many years ago she had a female marked this way also, and her name was Priscilla. Let us know what your meowmy decides....and visit our pages. Louis, Emma and Benny Grunch
  • Rachel RidgleyRachel Ridgley NewarkMember Posts: 59
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Thank you very much! I will be sending a friend request your way :)
  • Annie DavisAnnie Davis LeicesterMember Posts: 6
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Gosh you're pretty!! I agree with what was said above coloration wise... Name wise... Tell your person to go on a baby names site and search for a word that describes you and then choose a name that suits from that... Just an idea.. I think only your person knows you best to pick the right name, plus I'm rubbish at thinking of them..
  • sarah falsehoosarah falsehoo Swarthmore PAMember Posts: 10
    edited 12 July, 2007
    I'm no pro at cat breeds but I think you look like you have a bit of bengal in you. I'm sure you are a mixed breed Hope it helps =^..^=
    edited 12 July, 2007
    I'm no pro at cat breeds but I think you look like you have a bit of bengal in you. I'm sure you are a mixed breed Hope it helps =^..^=
    edited 12 July, 2007
    edited 12 July, 2007
    edited 12 July, 2007
  • Susan MinnichSusan Minnich HillsboroMember Posts: 97
    edited 12 July, 2007
    I read the articles I have linked below and I think you are a Classic Tabby. There is even a picture in the article "Glorious Tabby" of what a Classic Tabby looks like: http://cats.about.com/cs/tabbycats/a/tabby_cats.htm Below is the part about tabbies from this webpage on cat Breed/Color: (http://cats.about.com/od/felinegenetics/a/colorpatterns.htm) "Tabby cats constitute the oldest and most common pattern seen, and are one of the most popular. They are easily differentiated by their stripes, whorls, and spots, (generally found on their tummies) Striped tabbies are often referred to as "tiger," for obvious reasons. They are also known as "mackerel tabbies." The round bulls-eye marking on a tabby, identifies it as a "classic" tabby. While spotted tabbies sometimes crop up in "barn cats," they are also found in breeds, such as the Ocicat and the American Bobtail." Purrs, Graysen
  • Susan MinnichSusan Minnich HillsboroMember Posts: 97
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Check this picture of a Classic Tabby out first: http://cats.about.com/cs/tabbycats/l/bltabbychart.htm Then see this Classic Tabby on Catster: http://www.catster.com/cats/258437#
  • Rachel RidgleyRachel Ridgley NewarkMember Posts: 59
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Thanks everyone for your help! I will be labeled as a Classic Tabby, since mackerel tabby seems to be another name for it. And Bellinda- Mom thinks I'm part Bengal as well! She has been looking at many photos of them and we have alot of the same markings. Of course it is just a guess, but I have been labeled as a domestic shorthair/bengal mix.
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    edited 14 July, 2007
    Our markings are somewhat similiar, although, I'm of a stockier build. The rescue group I came from thought I might be a Bengal cross, a Vet Tech, at my Vet's office, said she thought my build suggested an American Short Hair Cross, who knows, I might have a little of both. You sure are a cutie! p.s. I don't have your white.