Hiaku

Bonnie SchultzBonnie Schultz MuncieMember Posts: 515
edited 19 July, 2007 in What I Love About Catster
Cat Haiku The food in my bowl Is old, and more to the point Contains no tuna. Tiny can, dumped in Plastic bowl. Presentation, One star; service, none. My brain: walnut sized. Yours: largest among primates. Yet, who leaves for work? So you want to play. Will I claw at dancing string? Your ankle\'s closer. Am I in your way? You seem to have this backwards. This pillow\'s taken. There\'s no dignity In being sick--which is why I don\'t tell you where. Seeking solitude I am locked in the closet. For once I need you. Your mouth is moving, Up and down, emitting noise. I\'ve lost interest. The dog wags his tail, Seeking approval. See mine? Different message. Cats can\'t steal the breath Of children. But if my tail\'s Pulled again, I\'ll learn. Most problems can be Ignored. The more difficult Ones can be slept through. My affection is conditional. Don\'t stand up, It\'s your lap I love. I don\'t mind being Teased, any more than you mind A skin graft or two. So you call this thing Your \"cat carrier.\" I call These my \"blades of death.\" Toy mice, dancing yarn, Meowing sounds. I\'m convinced You\'re an idiot. ;)

Comments

• Julie BennettJulie Bennett TorontoMember Posts: 280
    edited 4 July, 2007
    You must be a very educated kitty to write such a lovely Hiaku, I am impressed. Did you got to Kitty College?
  • Judy EastridgeJudy Eastridge ChicagoMember Posts: 1,845
    edited 18 July, 2007
    You are so talented! Have you played the Haiku on Plus Fun forums?
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 18 July, 2007
    =;=;=;
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 19 July, 2007
    "blades of death" :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • edited 19 July, 2007
    You really called your human an "idiot?" I mean, yeah...but we only speak of it in the dark for fear of reprisal. Really great Lady Jazz!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 19 July, 2007
    Sometimes I call my human an idiot!! I mean, after all, dogs give respect freely and instantly With cats, humans have to earn our respect!!