Trouble in one kitties account page

Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
edited 23 July, 2007 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
I just got rid of a nice background on my page, wondering if a background could cause just one members page to not come up. It continues to say"not responding (microsoft internet explorer). We have no trouble with the other 2 kitties and doggies. Anyway, I erased some stuff to see if that was the problem.

Comments

• edited 20 July, 2007
    i can see your page just fine! sometimes, if there's too much going on on a page (like the falling objects & extra myspace type of pics) can jam up a page & make it not respond right...hope you get it squared away!
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 20 July, 2007
    Meows Buckwheat. You are having trouble because you are using the chroma filters to filter out that ugly border. Chroma is fine if that is all you do on your page. Add more and it causes load problems. There is too much running on your page, and that is why you are having slow load time and jecky scrolling down your page. I have cable internet and it took five minutes for your page to load. Dial-up doesn\'t have a chance. Take out the chroma filters or the floating angels, and your page should load better. If you add a background and a cursor, or shoutboxes and such, the chroma will start to give you trouble again. It is too much on resources to use chroma filters on pet pages. :-#
  • Christina FarmerChristina Farmer VictoriaMember Posts: 227
    edited 20 July, 2007
    I have cable internet, but it didn't take long for the page to load...it did freeze up though, and anything I do (eg. scroll down, click on a link) it will freeze up for a few seconds....I dunno too much about computers but the border thingy (which I wanna know how to put on my page) may be the problem....i'd get hold of catster tech support, they usually respond very quickly.
  • JANE STUTFIELDJANE STUTFIELD BERKELEYMember Posts: 2,203
    edited 21 July, 2007
    I have cable too and the page loaded quickly and didn't freeze up. Is there anyway you can resize what you have on your page so that you can read your complete bio entries - they are partially covered by the sidebar advertising on the right side of the page. I was disappointed that I could't read it all. Purrrs, Ollie
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 21 July, 2007
    Thanks all, I am going to simiplify my page I think. I am not real sure how to change the borders yet but will try.
    edited 21 July, 2007
    Chroma filters? What are they and how do I get rid of them? I think that is a catster code. I did take out falling angels and only leaves me with music. Molly,Brandy and Dakota have more than my page and they are usually just fine. Mom says its because I was a little devil in life and I am still causing her trouble now.:)):)):)):))
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 21 July, 2007
    All of your pages are loading fast now, that the chroma filters are not there. Yes. Most of us don\'t like that border. :-#
    edited 21 July, 2007
    Thanks Icebox and everyone.%:D%
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 July, 2007
    Buckwheat, I checked with Catster\'s Technical Cat. He thinks the ad covering your bio is something in your extra bio fields. There is a link just sitting there: http://profile.imeem. com/zDIAU/music/Hp dSUY4t/lion Pull that out and see if it does the trick. If not, pull out all the \'extra\' stuff and then add in one by one to see how the page changes.
    edited 23 July, 2007
    Athena and Oliver, you can read my bio now.:D You were right, one of my bio fields made the ad cover up too much. We have a simply page now and it is working fine. Thanks again, you all are great .=;