Flowing water

Bentley CallahanBentley Callahan San FranciscoMember Posts: 5
edited 23 July, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
I'm reading a lot about flowing water fountains, etc.; but had originally agreed with my human that a simple "gravity" waterer would suffice -- so that I had plenty to drink; but is there really a need for the pump/recycling or bubbling feeders?? If so, I need to let my human know for when he goes back to the store... I make him go a lot cause I'm a cat that needs LOTS of toys, baby! :-) Meow, -Bailey

Comments

• Susan ChurchSusan Church South BeachMember Posts: 11,602
    edited 22 July, 2007
    I am fine with regular water for the most part BUT if I catch anyone in the bathroom (seated) I jump up on the sink and make them turn the water on for me. I have everyone well trained now!:))!
  • Monique ReeceMonique Reece CoronaMember Posts: 775
    edited 22 July, 2007
    I LOVE RUNNING WATER!!! I even have a slideshow about it on my page! I have a Drinkwell fountain, where the water comes from a spout. There are the kinds where the water just kind of trickles down the front of the fountain, but that doesn\'t do it for me. I need the spout with the water pouring out!:)
  • Ima KittenIma Kitten Nacogdoches, TXMember Posts: 164
    edited 23 July, 2007
    We have a Petmate water "filterer"/running water dish for all of us & for the last 3 months it's been without the filter - just being a very long lasting regular water bowl. I read that cats need to have water nearby when they have their food so I've been experimenting with bringing a seperate smaller bowl to my kitty's attention after he has a snackful of his dry food. Flowing water is not exciting, in fact, when he's a bad boy a squirt from a water gun does the trick, but one thing I have noticed is when there's the smaller water he'll stick his paw in as if to test if there's water there or not or to find out how far down the surface of the water is, (he's really not playing). It seems it's just a preferance thing if it's flowing or not - just like how some cats prefer some toys over others.