Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

good all life stages food

Christina mansellChristina mansell Member Posts: 5,778
edited 27 July, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
We have akitten we havent added him yet but im used to 9lives urinary tract food my previous owner fed me and mommy feeds me mostly canned trying to shed a few lbs mol. But mommy wants a good dry food for us that will help so i dont get crystals as well as good for the kitten and come in say 15-20 lb bag. but not extremlyextremly expensive.

Comments

• kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 25 July, 2007
    i would suggest felidae all life stages. it's very cost effective and and an excellent food. we like merrick canned too which is good for everyone too.
  • Christina mansellChristina mansell Member Posts: 5,778
    edited 25 July, 2007
    Ive tried Felidae but they will not eat it at all.
  • Karyn LehmannKaryn Lehmann redlandsMember Posts: 247
    edited 25 July, 2007
    Instinct is what we eat & it is als and yummy (we think), you can try core, or Evo, they do cost more per # but over all you will save $ on vet bills, and litter, and the bag will last longer. No chemicals or by-products...(sounding like a NUTRO rep...) eat less, shed less, poop less.
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 25 July, 2007
    yeah, a lady i work with, her cats wouldn't eat felidae either. she gave some to me to see if my kits like it and they chowed it down (it must be because they are the least picky cats ever). the cats here all eat evo and love it. it took me awhile to get used to forking out the dough but the 15 lb bag lasts quite a long time and i save money because they poo less so less litter. i think instinct is priced a little less than evo and i've heard good things about that one too.
  • Karolyn WcisloKarolyn Wcislo Easton, PAMember Posts: 7,551
    edited 25 July, 2007
    So far I like Instinct, Wellness, and going to try EVO next. I liked the first two so far... (those are canned) I am still on Kirkland kibble and I have quite a bit left, so I won't be changing until the bag is gone, but it seems to do a good job so far. I am pretty healthy and happy and I ate it since I was a wee little kitten....
  • Christina mansellChristina mansell Member Posts: 5,778
    edited 27 July, 2007
    Thanks for your responses we are trying solid gold have any of you herd anything bout it but my huge cats dont eat as much of it. hes a big cat to grisom is and he eats less than a cup.