Which food?

Cat HaleCat Hale MontevalloMember Posts: 3
edited 30 July, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Okay, so Delilah is eating this extremely cheap food right now (I grabbed it in a hurry) and she has the stinkiest gas EVER. I want to put her on a better food, but I'm really not sure which one to choose. Especially with the pet food recall and all that. I know the scare is mostly over, but I'd like a food that was safe and not affected.

Comments

• Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 30 July, 2007
    I have stinky gas too for about a week now! I didn\'t switch foods or anything though.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 30 July, 2007
    Premium foods are better digestible since they contain meat and very little or no filler stuff. The more digestible the food, the less comes out as stinky poop. There are many good brands: Innova EVO, Nature's Variety, Wellness, TimberWolf Organics, By Nature. Choose whichever you feel is best and which you like and isn't too expensive.
  • Cat HaleCat Hale MontevalloMember Posts: 3
    edited 30 July, 2007
    By Nature is TASTY. Oh, and it smells good. I got a new scratching post, litter box, a new collar (with a tag, in case I ever slip out the door) and a 4lb bag of By Nature to give it a try. The ingredients sounded pretty good and the price wasn't too bad. I had a little taste as soon as the bag was opened, mmm smells like food, unlike Special Kitty (I don't know WHAT my human was thinking).