Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Carrots?

A-N- RomanA-N- Roman HillsboroMember Posts: 23
edited 28 February, 2006 in Food & Nutrition
I've never heard anything regarding cats and carrots, but in some books, they mention that tangerines aren't a good thing you want to be giving your cats. But is there something about carrots? One of my cats today, has been trying for an hour now to get inside a bag of carrots. I gave her a tiny piece of once, she chewed it, spit it out, chewed it, spit it out, over and over...then kept trying to get in the bag: Is it like some ingredient in cat nip that I'm not aware of?

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Maybe the texture is just really good for gnawing!
  • Veronica NieburVeronica Niebur Member Posts: 49
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Our mommy read that you can include carrots for fiber so munch away bunny! LOL
  • Sue EnglandSue England Mount Druitt, SydneyMember Posts: 385
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I LOVE carrots, As soon as my mum ask if I want carrot I am into them, I like em cooked not raw though.
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I get carrot in my food from time to time (I eat raw turkey). It's very small pieces, though. I like it, but as part of the bigger meal.
  • Amber GonzlaezAmber Gonzlaez San AntonioMember Posts: 9,175
    edited 28 February, 2006
    Cotton LOVED peas and pinapple!! I guess whatever you like you eat! ;)