MY FIRST CATCH!!!

Kristine RatliffKristine Ratliff Rock FallsMember Posts: 284
edited 26 August, 2007 in Plus Friendly
I caught my first mouse tonight! I brought it to mom to show her how brave I am, that I have protected her from those vicious creatures!!! Mom even took our pictures together. Check it out!!%:D%

Comments

• FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 August, 2007
    Congratulations, Kirby! What a brave hunter you are! I know your family must be proud of you. Purrs, Felix
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 21 August, 2007
    Wow. Concatulations. Isn\'t it great catching mice? I have gotten two at my foster dad\'s house and he\'s been so happy. I guess I\'m selfish though because I just eat them and have never taken one to him. :r I guess if another one gets in the house, I should share :-k Miss Kitty
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 21 August, 2007
    Yay Kirby! Concatulations on catching your first mouse! Way to go! =D> The first mouse I caught I dropped unharmed! :r I did get a second mouse though and left it for Mom and Dad. :D
  • Jennifer starkJennifer stark ColumbusMember Posts: 589
    edited 21 August, 2007
    Good Job Kirby =D> You should hear my cousin Lola did one night while her mommy and daddy laying in bed watching tv.. they heard noises coming from down stair.. they normal leave the door close but one night they left it little bit open.. for cousin zues and lola to come in.. But Lola went upstairs with a gift in her mouth... to present to mommy and daddy on there bed.... oh boy.. they had to brush her teeth and all oh dear :r but it was a gift for them.. :)) Good Job on hunting down a mouse.... =D>
  • Laura CantuLaura Cantu PasadenaMember Posts: 58,782
    edited 21 August, 2007
    Great catch and great photo opportunity! congrats! and that was very nice to share wiff you mommy.
  • Margaret ThibaultMargaret Thibault TopekaMember Posts: 4,326
    edited 24 August, 2007
    Pawsome Kirby. The silly people don't like the dead things, but they are glad we catch them huh. One of us brought one home the other morning and mom found it at the front door when she let the silly dogs out. She never did find out which one of us did it. But she didn't care since it was outside and didn't get in the house!! =D>
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 24 August, 2007
    I\'m jealous. We don\'t have any mice at mommy\'s house and Miss Kitty got all the fun at soon to be daddy\'s. If they\'d let me go over there, I\'d have gotten those mousies too. ;) As it is, I just take mommy my catches and give a certain meow when I drop my toy mousie on her in the middle of the night. She always scratches my head and tells me what a good kitty I am. Wonder how she\'d react if I ever get the chance to bring her a real mouse? :-k Wish I could get my paws on one. Felix
  • Jeanette CereskeJeanette Cereske San FranciscoMember Posts: 16,444
    edited 24 August, 2007
    Way to go Kirby!! I was a little stray kitty at one time and catching mousies was how I stayed alive. Now I never see the bottom of my food bowl so it\'s just sport. My sister Chai is a good mouser too. One time mom and dad came home from a baseball game and I had brought a mouse in the house. They got it from me and let it go outside :(( What they didn\' t know is that I had brought **two** inside so the next thing they knew I had another one of those critters in my mouth!! They took that one away too!! Be careful and try not to eat the fleas - they\'ll give you tapeworms (YUK) and then you have to go to the vet and get a shot (BIGGER YUK!). Purrs, Little Bit
  • Mandy FeeneyMandy Feeney dundeeMember Posts: 7,973
    edited 25 August, 2007
    On ya go Kirby!!! =; C~O~N~C~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S ;P I'm an alright hunter myself, when i was like 1 - 2 yrs old...I used 2 go out catch mice and bring then bk 2 my mum! :)
  • Joanne LeeJoanne Lee LiverpoolMember Posts: 1,565
    edited 25 August, 2007
    Yipeee Concats;c;;c;;c; I have never caught a real mousie:r just my furry toy ones MOL
  • Abby StolbergAbby Stolberg Prairie VillageMember Posts: 9,419
    edited 25 August, 2007
    Way to go sweetie pie! Wow i haven't caught many mouses in my time, but i have got a few but not in a while. Good job=; You keep up the good work ;)
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 26 August, 2007
    Woo woo! Kirby, you caught a good one. Congratulations! |^| I have caught exactly one mouse (at least as far as my human knows ;) ). A few years ago, she heard a couple of small squeaks from another room, and then in the living room where she was. She freaked when she saw it! Unfortunately she didn't let me take care of it, but I did get extra dinner that night. Now she plugged up all of the entry points, so no mousies come in anymore. :( Hopefully you can find more in your house, or outdoors. You have a really great stalking posture, if your photos are any indication!