how often do u get your nails cut???

Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
edited 28 August, 2007 in Grooming
how often should mommy be trimming my nails??

Comments

• Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 13 August, 2007
    Mummy cuts our nails about once every 3 to 4 weeks. My nails grow quicker than my sisters so mummy just keeps an eye on them and cuts them when they get long.
  • Forrest JenkinsForrest Jenkins Member Posts: 439
    edited 13 August, 2007
    It depends on how fast the kitty's nails grow. Mother does our front paws about every week, and our back paws about every two weeks. And she is usually tipped off that we need it because they get so razor sharp!
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 13 August, 2007
    Mommy does mine once a week, especially the front paws. The backpaws she just checks while giving me my manicure, and if they're okay, she leaves them alone until the following week. My nails grow quickly, because I'm really good about using the scratchpost. Mommy has caught me using it soon after a manicure, which tells her I really like them sharp. :))
  • Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
    edited 19 August, 2007
    i guess my nails grow slow...i can go months without a nail trim.:?:? i have numerous scratch posts through the house & have no problems using them but hearing you guys say how often your nails are trimmed mommy is wondering if she should do mine more often too...i\'m ok if she doesn\'t as i hate having my nails done:(:(
  • Lily LuLily Lu CuritibaMember Posts: 18
    edited 27 August, 2007
    I hate having my nails clipped, too. The Girls (my 3 cat sisters) never have their nails clipped but they always tell Mom to clip mine, they claim I scratch more than they do... Anyways, last time was about a month ago, so I guess it's every 4 weeks or so. Purrs.
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 28 August, 2007
    I'm not on a very regular mani/pedi schedule, but I'd say that My Girl trims my front claws about every two weeks and the back ones every 3-4 weeks. I like the paw massages she gives during my manicures. It makes me purry and sleepy.