Italian Association for the Protection of Animals and the Environment declares Nov. 17 "Black Cat Da

Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
This is Delyte. This horrible story came from the British newspaper, the Telegraph. I\'ve forgotten how to create a live link, but here\'s the address: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/26/wcat126.xml They suggest that Nov. 17 be declared National Black Cat Day. Perhaps we could have something of the same here online on Catster? Are there any Italian kitties on Catster, especially any black kitties? And I thought it was hard here in coyote and shotgun filled southern Illinois!

Comments

• Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Good Idea Delyte!!! I am there!!! November 17th - black cat day!(and about time too!) oh by the way, the linkie won't go - try this one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/26/wcat126.xml if that doesn't work just go to the telegraph and search black cat. it's the first story. off to tell the world!!!!! Sparky |^|
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 17 February, 2011
    My meowmy went to the site and read the story - unfortunately, people still believe in these old superstions. We are black cats, and our meowmy LOVES us!!! Meowmy is also Catholic, and said that while the Catholic Church did believe in the story that black cats were "the familiar of witches" -- that was at least 300 years ago, and would never tell people to kill black cats (or any other animal) in the 21st century. Some people still hold to those old wives tales, and black cats suffer for it. Good idea about making November 17th "Black Cat Day". We are in the Groups "Black Cats Crossing our Paths" and "Lucky Black Cats" and will post about "Black Cat Day". Emma and Louis BLACK CATS AND PROUD OF IT!!!!
  • Kate McCormickKate McCormick ColumbusMember Posts: 232
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Oh goodness! :-O I can\'t imagine why anyone would do something like that! It\'s 2007! Apparently, not everyone is as blessed as our Mommy\'s are with having beautiful black kitties. Purrs for the kitties that that are involved, poor things.
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 17 February, 2011
    My Uncle Giotto and Auntie Cleo live in Italy =) (edit: they're not black, tho) I vote November 17 BLACK CAT DAY!!!!!!!!!! ~Jet Giotto~ Hey, lets start a petition on Catster mol.
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 17 February, 2011
    BLACK CAT DAY! NOV 17! ;c;;c; Purrrrs! Black Jack
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 17 February, 2011
    If HQ is listening.... let's makea it official and have a black cat rosie!!! Go black kitties!!!!!! ;c; ;c;
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 17 February, 2011
    This is Delyte. A black cat rosette would be so neat, but I guess it wouldn't be fair because then they would have to do rosettes for all the other colors to be even handed. And it is true that in the deep dark awful distant past ALL cats were persecuted, not just black cats. But anyway, we'll have a big party on Nov. 17--it's a Saturday--and persuade our people to make a fuss over us and give us treats! :D