People with Multiple pets

Jade ElJade El AdelaideMember Posts: 27
edited 4 September, 2007 in Choosing the Right Cat
I currently have 1 cat and 1 dog and am thinking about adopting this mummy cat and her kitten as she was found is someones backyard and unfortunately the person cannot keep them...can anyone give me any advice? is it hard work looking after 2 or more cats?

Comments

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 September, 2007
    There are four of us in our family:^:me:^:Mr D:^:Raza:^:and Baltster. We pretty much look after ourselves and we keep each other company (when the hoomans are at work). We all take turns at patroling the boundarys, and we get on fairly well but like any family may have the odd disagreements. Baltster the old dude took a litttle while to get used to us. He was almost 15 hooman years old when they got our furmum. Then when she was about 12 months of age, she had us two (Mr D and myself) He has now accepted us, and I even think he enjoys having us around. He loves to sit and watch us play, he\'s even tried to join in. So I always think the more the merrier.%:D%
  • Jade ElJade El AdelaideMember Posts: 27
    edited 3 September, 2007
    hahah cool thank you...im just abit unsure is all...shes been there for quite sometime without being feed so i dont know if she has any diseases n that :(
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 3 September, 2007
    There are three cats in this house. Consider if you you have enough time to give each cat the attention and care needed and if you have enough money for the extra vet bills, food, litter, ect. If you do, just keep mom and baby away from you til they get a clean bill of health from the vet, then use gradual introduction. You will also have to add some litter boxes. Ideally you should have one litter box per cat plus one, so for three cats you should really have four litter boxes. Hope you are able to adopt!
  • Jade ElJade El AdelaideMember Posts: 27
    edited 4 September, 2007
    I have advised them to take her and her bub to the Animal Welfare League to get checked out..i think she would have much more of a greater chance to get adopted and get healthy... i think im going to go to the Animal Welfare League on friday and adopt one through there..they get desexed,microchipped and everything thank you to all that replyed