My lip is bleeding!

Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
edited 22 September, 2007 in Cat Health
Mommy says if it's not one thing it's another...1st Mittens, then Zoey her dog is sick , and now me! She noticed that my lip on one side (upper right) was swollen so she went to look at it and it started bleeding, and wouldn't stop for a minute or two. She said I have a sore that looks an awful lot like Rodent Ulcer (Eosinophillic Granuloma Complex) and she really HOPES it's not that, but will be taking me to work with her in the morning to figure it out. I have been slightly not my normal self, and am being treated with a special digestive diet as they think I may have irritable bowel syndrome or something. Looks like I may get to eat what the others are eating (Duck/Peas) for allergies. We shall see what Grandpa/vet says in the morning. He said tonight that Rodent Ulcers usually don't bleed though.

Comments

• Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    edited 21 September, 2007
    Hi! I just got over a bout of Rodent Ulcers and they bled a little . I got a shot of Depo Medrol 20 mg. : ( Now I have a cold. : (( Anyway, I read somewhere that Rodent Ulcers can lead to IBS in kitties. It\'s like having those little sores in thier intestines. Please let me know how it turns out! |bb|
  • Jayne WatsonJayne Watson Member Posts: 53
    Hi Munchie!! I hope you feel better really soon. I don't know what this is, but hope your grandpa/vet fixes you up!!!
  • Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    Went and saw Grandpa today, and he took a small sample of my lip stuff and looked at it under the microscope and said there was no infection, and where it is bleeding it most likely IS NOT the Rodent Ulcer. He thinks that I am having a 'funky' reaction to the medications I have been on and am still on, so for now we are stopping all medications, and putting me on digestive enzymes and then using Oral Cleansing Gel. We will recheck it in a week or so and see how it is. If it's still icky they will sedate me *GASP* and take a biopsy to send in and have analyzed. He said it's just not looking like Rodent Ulcer, and they found another right under my nose where it's bleeding and then on my lower lip on the opposite side where my fang hits the gum/skin n the bottom, and it's not infected or anything just a sore. Who knows? He said it still could turn out to be the Rodent Ulcer it may just be an atypical case.
  • joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    What is a rodent ulcer?
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 22 September, 2007
    Princess Sophie, her is additonal info on rodent ulcers http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/eulcer.html