uh oh bad reaction to vaccine

Amanda BroadusAmanda Broadus Kempner, TX/cat place,jade andMember Posts: 14
edited 24 September, 2007 in Cat Health
Well, I have had bad reaction to my vaccine I had this morning. My doctor thought that I was well enough to finally start getting my shots, but I guess I wasn't. Hi all, Jade had a bad reaction to her shots. She is lethargic, will not eat and she is running a fever again. Bless her heart, I hate it for her. I took her back to the vet and he gave her a steroid shot to counter act the reaction. She still has a fever. He is hoping that she will go ahead and pull through this quickly. Right now she is in a lot of pain from the steroid shot. If I try to move her she just cries. Has anyone experienced bad reactions to shots before. I am thinking that the autoimmune disorder that she has is the reason she reacted so badly to the shot. I guess no more shots for her.

Comments

• joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    edited 20 September, 2007
    I had a kitty that was listless and running a fever after her distemper, after taking her to the vet he gave her????????Can't remember but it seemed to do the trick, the next day she was up and about. keep an eye on your kit and if its not showing signs of improvement tommorow, call the vet maybe another visit is in order.|:|
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    edited 21 September, 2007
    Some of my kitties have reacted in the same way and it really makes you wonder if you should continue with shots. I would ask them to give 1 kind at a time...most of them are atleast 3-ways. Maybe 1 at a time will be handled better by her system
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 22 September, 2007
    Jade, you should never get shouts again. Having an autoimmune disease is quite likely the reason behind this. I know you are better now because I saw an updated thread. Please don't let your vet give you any more vaccines!
  • Amanda BroadusAmanda Broadus Kempner, TX/cat place,jade andMember Posts: 14
    edited 23 September, 2007
    Well, I pulled through this again. My mommy says that I am a true fighter. I am happy to say that I am a playful kitten again. Thanks everybody for your kind words and caring. Purrrrrrr Jade
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 24 September, 2007
    Go Jade! Hobie has been in a similar situation. He had his first vaccine a few weeks ago and that night he was in extreme pain, he would only curl up in a shaking ball and cry out in pain if you touched him. He was lethargic for about 3-4 days after that, but pulled through. Our vet gave him a benedryl injection before any further vaccines, and we got the next one done in a nasal spray.