How much pumpkin/yougert for diarrreah?

joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
edited 25 September, 2007 in Cat Health
My 4 foster kittens and adult Sophie have just come down with diarreah, Charlita the teenager is finethough. I don't know if it's from a food change, I gradually started switching them about two weeeks ago or from a parasite, they are indoors only, and just had a vet checkup 2 weeks ago, everything was fine. Ihave given the m albon yesterday and today with no satisfactory results, and am going to try pumpkin and yougert tonight, I just need to know how much to give to them and how to administer. If they are not better by moring I will take them to the vet.

Comments

• Melinda BMelinda B Member Posts: 1,628
    edited 23 September, 2007
    Woops! Sorry! I posted something, but then googled it and I turned out to be wrong so I edited. Sorry for the bad reply Sophie!! I'll be purring for those babies !!! xoxo, Frass
  • Nancy GraceNancy Grace near Ft. WorthMember Posts: 104
    edited 24 September, 2007
    Pumpkin I've never heard of doing (it would seem too fiberous to me for a cat or kitten). Activia yogurt is what the vet had Gator and I on for our 'problems.' Mom just opened it up and let us drink what we wanted. I ate half of the cup. Don't let them eat more than one container cup until you know if it is working. It took about 36 hours after the first dose to stop the squirts, but it slowed them way down by the first night. At the time we were only 2-3 months old. Best Wishes!
  • Nancy GraceNancy Grace near Ft. WorthMember Posts: 104
    Pumpkin I've never heard of doing (it would seem too fiberous to me for a cat or kitten). Activia yogurt is what the vet had Gator and I on for our 'problems.' Mom just opened it up and let us drink what we wanted. I ate half of the cup. Don't let them eat more than one container cup until you know if it is working. It took about 36 hours after the first dose to stop the squirts, but it slowed them way down by the first night. At the time we were only 2-3 months old. Best Wishes!
  • joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    I tried the pumpkin and yougurt last night and it seeems to have slowed it down . I'm still going to take them to the vet to make sure there no lingering parasites that may still be around. I really think the problem was just a change in diet though.
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 25 September, 2007
    I always heard banana baby food worked good too
  • joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    edited 25 September, 2007
    Went to the vet today, NO parasites, just a problem with me cahnging their food is what caused it. However my vet told me that the pumpkin actually is used for constipated kittys. Hopefully the small dose of pepto bismal will solve the problem. Thanks to every one for their help and input.;)