Pooka pants - a lot!

Carol CanodeCarol Canode ColumbusMember Posts: 3,178
edited 27 September, 2007 in Cat Health
My 5 month old kitten tends to pant when he plays or gets excited. His energy levels seems normal for a kitten (high), and he seems healthy in every way. His panting reminds me of a dog when he is happy or excited. I almost want to say that Pooka is doing a "pant /laugh", but I've never seen a cat do such a thing before. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Comments

• Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 27 September, 2007
    Hi, I don't know for sure but I would recommend calling the vet just to ask. Hector only panted once and it was because we were on a long car trip on a 90 degree day. He stopped when we gave him some water and reached our destination.
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 27 September, 2007
    Hi Pooka! Mom thinks she knows what your mom means by the pant/laugh....you might just be a real smiley guy!!! Ask your meowma to take you to the docturr (i know it sucks) just to make sure you are a-ok....then you and your meowma don't have to worry!!! Headbonks little bro! Sparky Black cats Rule!