Shutterfly

Julia MundyJulia Mundy NorfolkMember Posts: 218
edited 29 September, 2007 in What I Love About Catster
Hey, you guys! Did anyone else out there take advantage of the deal Shutterfly was offering to us Catsters? At first, we thought that it was just a "virtual" photo album (to which Mom said, "Hrmph...I have those already, for free!"), but our friend Miss Mickey the Shmoo quickly set us all straight. Mom put together our special family book, and it arrived in the mail shortly thereafter. It's so cool that even Dad was impressed!! Mom also took advantage of the free photos for first-time Shutterfly members, and they arrived yesterday -- gorgeous, and oh, so inexpensive! Once you create an "album," you can e-mail it to whomever you choose, so in addition to being a "hard copy" book, it's also in virtual format to share with friends and family. Anyway, we just wanted to let y'all know that we had a positive experience with Shutterfly and are certainly happy that they support Catster!!

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 11 July, 2007
    We got the photobook too. It really is a nice one. You can put as many photos in as you want and change the layout. We love that it is a hard bound book and the photos are actually printed on the page with our captions. The photo quality is great! Don't miss out on this one!
  • Renee NelsonRenee Nelson CharlottesvilleMember Posts: 2,207
    edited 11 July, 2007
    I love Shutterfly too! I\'m glad you guys like your book as much as I do. (Send the virtual one to me pleasethankyou)! It\'s definitely worth paying the shipping cost to get the free book offer. Mommy added one page to mine since the last page was blank, so that cost $1. She\'s in Canada, so she paid $9.98 USD for shipping on the 20 free 4x6 photos they offered when she signed up, plus the extra page on the book, plus shipping on the book. She\'s so happy, she\'s ordering more for Christmas pressies! Thanks, Catster and Shutterfly! :D purrrrrs ~ Miss Mickey :c9
    edited 11 July, 2007
    Yes, shipping in the US is just $6.99. Well worth the quality product!
  • Julia MundyJulia Mundy NorfolkMember Posts: 218
    edited 11 July, 2007
    Oh, Miss Mickey Shmoo -- we sent you an e-mail with the virtual album, but will send it again. We've been having lots of problems with our computer as of late, so if you don't get it by later tonight, please let us know! You were the first one we thought of when given the option of e-mailing it out!! We SO enjoyed yours! Purrs, y'all!
  • edited 11 July, 2007
    How long did it take for y'all to set up the album? We have dawdled and must spend some time gathering our fave pics. Does the program "time out" if you aren't fast enough? be-bop cole
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Ooh mom stayed up late tonight and made my photo book and ordered it. Couldn't remember when the deal was up so she didn't want to miss out. We cant wait to get it!
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Cole -- the program itself is very forgiving, and quite easy to use (pawmail us if you have any problems). It's actually quite similar to the method used to download your pictures onto Catster. It's extremely user friendly. The only problems that we can possibly foresee is, when you download your pictures, you do it in groupings of I think 12, and the actual download takes a few minutes. If your computer is persnickety like some can be, you might have problems. But give it a shot -- the album offer expires soon, and it's really awesome. Mom added an extra page, and with shipping, the whole thing cost her something like $13 (US). Like I said -- Dad went gaga over it, and it takes a LOT to make him react that way.
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Almost forgot -- Ruben, your book will no doubt be one of the best ones to grace Shutterly's systems! Did you get the special new-member offer of 15 FREE 4X6 photos? Mom jumped on that, and found that adding extra prints was super-cheap! I think she ordered something like 22 prints total and paid around $3 (that includes shipping). And guys, the shipping is fast -- they'll let you know via e-mail when it's on its way. (No, Mom isn't a paid endorser for Shutterfly...she's just really skeptical of offers that sound "too good to be true" and was really impressed with what she got for next to nothing!)
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Mara and Malika- Thank you for saying such nice things about my photos. Overall the program was very easy to do and I was happy with it. The only thing is that some of my pictures were not the right quality so I had to remove them but that's not shutterflys fault. I cant wait to get my book either. It really is such a good deal for us here at catster.
    edited 12 July, 2007
    I had a couple of photos that they said the quality wasn't up to par and might not print right but they were favorites so I kept them in anyway. They came out great!!!
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Oh man I wish I would have kept mine in there now. I didn't think they would let you keep them in there if they weren't good quality. Oh well I still got most of our favorites in there.
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Yeah, we had one shot of both of us snoozing together, but whenever we tried to add it to the book or order it as a print, they would tell us that it wasn't good enough quality (probably too dark). Mom might try to order it the next time she gets some prints, just to see how it comes out. :D
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 12 July, 2007
    We got our photobook a couple of days ago and the quality is amazing!! The shipping was super fast. We put the book together on either Thursday or Friday night. The next day it said it had shipped and we got it on Monday. Wow!! Mommy said she can't wait to make more photo albums.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Holy Katz! Really? Mommy is working on mine now. I have a lot of pics and she even wanted to put Sandy in it. We better get it done before the offer expires
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 12 July, 2007
    Take a picture of me giving you a kiss!%:D%
  • Sherry AndersonSherry Anderson StocktonMember Posts: 6
    edited 10 August, 2007
    I ordered my book on July 31st, the very last day of the offer. I was so happy and surprised when it arrived 4 days later. And I only paid $7 for shipping! I was so impressed with the the nice quality of the book and the super speedy shipping ~ and the book was so fun and easy to create, too! I'm going to order more and give them as gifts :D I think I'll even create some books for different occasions, too! Thank you Catster and Shutterfly =D>
    edited 16 August, 2007
    OK, for those of you who might have missed out (or who are brand-spankin'-new to Catster), Shutterfly has extended their offer of a free photo album to anyone who joined before Aug. 13 (we think that's the date, but you might want to confirm). It's a super-awesome deal -- they are forever giving special discounts on photos, and the books are of a really nice quality. Check it out!
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 18 August, 2007
    Mine came out great, too -- even the photos that the program said weren't high-resolution enough. I wish I'd known the offer was going to be extended, because I would have put more thought into it, but wow -- it still came out great! Prrrrrrrrrr!
  • Dawn SandersDawn Sanders Alpha Quandrant Sector 001, FlMember Posts: 176
    edited 16 September, 2007
    If you are doing an album and it is telling you that the resolution is not good enough, just change the album page set up so that there are more pictures on the page and they are smaller. You do not have to put a picture on every hole! Some of my pictures were low quality too and I just took a chance and they came out fine! Don\'t hesitate to do this book! Afterwards I received other offers too. I made a set of note cards for only the price of shipping! They have great offers all the time!;c;;c;;c;
  • Connie UyConnie Uy WaldorfMember Posts: 10,578
    edited 17 September, 2007
    Wow!! We didnt' know you could still use photos that they said weren't good enough!! Glad to know for in the future. The books are so good that many of us will be forking over money to have other books made in the future. Mom wants to make a book featuring her new great nephew. Our book looks fantastic, even though Mom put little thought into ours. The thought was giving her a headache, so she just had it automaticly fill the pages. Everything looked good.
  • Connie UyConnie Uy WaldorfMember Posts: 10,578
    edited 17 September, 2007
    I'm Zoe's bridge sister. Would you believe our mom had to nerve to forget me and our other bridge sister Chiquita in the shutterfly book until it was too late!! We'll never let her forget that!!!!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 19 September, 2007
    Hey Sabrina! Know what that means? Your mom will have to make a photo book especially for Chiquita and you! ;) We love our Shutterfly photo books too. Many thanks for this pawsome deal, Catster! Purrs, Vanessa and Toffy
  • Lily LuLily Lu CuritibaMember Posts: 18
    edited 29 September, 2007
    Shutterfly rocks! Our calendar has just arrived - all the way down here in Brazil! It's going to be our Gramma's Christmas present, she loves us so much and she stays with us whenever Mom and DEd go to England. But the calendar is soooo beautiful I wish WE could keep it! I'll see if I can convince Mom to make another one! Purrs, Gin