Microchip Abscess

Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
edited 29 September, 2007 in Cat Health
Mommy and daddy were petting me last night and felt sticky fur so they turned on the light and mommy (vet tech) checked me out and I had an abscess, as she pulled some hair away, and i big hole about 1/4" big and out pops my microchip. So I have been to the vet this morning and I have a microchip abscess....the first one that the vet has ever seen in 10 years of microchipping. Anyone else ever have this happen? Pictures can be seen here:

Comments

• Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    edited 29 September, 2007
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    Oh you poor thing. We have never heard of that before. I hope your wound heals quickly. Purrrrs
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    I've had one come out before but I think it was more like his body rejected it. No abcess.
  • Jayne WatsonJayne Watson Member Posts: 53
    Oh, dear, Munchie!!! I've never had that happen, but a few weeks ago when I was feeling sick, Meowmy took me to the doctor. They made me stay overnight so they could give me intravenous fluids as I was dehydrated from vomiting so much. My tummy felt better, but when Meowmy got me home I showed her my paw...it was very sore, and it hurt so much:( It seems the cather had gotten infected, and my whole leg was inflamed and sore- you should see how big my paw was!!! times it's normal size!!! I will put a picture on my site. I had to go back to the doctor for shots the next 2 days, then take pills for a week!!! I am feeling much better now, thankfully!!!