Moving Overseas

Amy AbadAmy Abad Member Posts: 2
edited 20 October, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Haven\'t been here in a while but mommy has been so busy with our upcoming move. She\'s worried about me flying on an airplane and we would both prefer if I\'m under her seat instead of in cargo. We will be moving to Italy and all I need is a rabies shot and there\'s no quarantine. Mommy has been doing tons of research online but most of the airline websites say to call while making reservations for international flights for their policy. I\'m trying to save her some time so I thought I would ask here if any other kitties have flown to another country from the US as carry-on and on which airline. Also, any other tips/advice you have for my mommy would be greatly appreciated. She\'s a nervous wreck about moving me and I want to ease her fears.

Comments

• Dioselin GDioselin G San MateoMember Posts: 16
    edited 20 October, 2007
    Hi Keeley, Two years ago, I moved from the US to Asia. Long trip! After researching several airlines, my human selected United because they were the friendliest and provided better information (at that time). This is what she did: 1) Reserve the plane ticket online (no paying yet) 2) Call the 800 number, do arrangements for me. 3) When everything was confirmed, then pay. There was an extra fee for me to travel. The best tips for us were: * Select an aisle seat so human can take you to the lavatory easily. (You are supposed to stay under the seat the whole time, but the airline personnel were very understanding because of such a long flight) * Foldable litter box. I\'d say this is a must. The websites www.pettravel.com and www.petsonthego.com have good articles. My human was a nerve wreck because of such a long flight (24hrs counting connections). I didn\'t love it but I made it ok, no problems. You\'ll be fine =; ~ Amalia ~