am I a Maine Coon?

Angele RenaudAngele Renaud OttawaMember Posts: 5
edited 21 October, 2007 in Choosing the Right Cat
Please help me find out if I am a main coon. I am extremely long haired cat- who weights so much, but mommy tells people I'm big-boned, we both know I am a little over weight, but when I get shaved, half of me dissapears,- alook long and lean, with a tiny belly! I love children, I am a scardy cat when it coes to lound noises, but when kids are runing and screaming around me it doesnt seem to bother me.

Comments

• Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 28 September, 2007
    Meowlo Amadeus:-h You look alot like me, except I am black instead of gray. You might have some Maine Coon in you. When my aunt came to visit us she said I looked like I might have some Maine Coon - large build, long hair. Us mixed breeds can have MANY different breeds in our background. Your meowy can always tell people you are a purebread ARC (Absolute Rotten Cat!!)......that's what our meowmy says we all are.:)):)) Take care, Louis, Emma and Benny Grunch
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    You do have the face of a maine Coon. Is your fur your normal length in the pictures? If so you are part maine coon. If not you could be full. Do you have a chirpy meow too? Maine coons are big gentle giants. Dont fret that you are big.
  • Barbara SutcliffeBarbara Sutcliffe College ParkMember Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    You have the square muzzle of a Maine Coon, the long hair, body build and plumy tail. It\'s in your gene pool somewhere. I look a lot like you and I\'ve been in cat shows under the \"household pet\" category. A lot of judges say I have Maine Coon in me too. I hope this is a help to you. I also \"breep\" (my word for chirp). Maine Coons do that. Do you chirp?:D
  • Morag PippinMorag Pippin HonoluluMember Posts: 22
    edited 29 September, 2007
    I\'m a Maine Coon!
  • Morag PippinMorag Pippin HonoluluMember Posts: 22
    I'm a Maine Coon, too!
  • MICHELLE HOOKSMICHELLE HOOKS TANGERINEMember Posts: 274
    I am my mommy's second Maine Coon. We usually have long fur hanging off of our feet inbetween our toes. I think we don't mind children because we are "sturdy" (better than "fat" or "large"!). I cannot talk too well, but my mommy's previous baby (of 17 years.....Rainbow Bridge in March) could talk and talk! As long as your mommy loves you, that's important!
  • Angele RenaudAngele Renaud OttawaMember Posts: 5
    edited 30 September, 2007
    :) yeppers I chirp when I meow....I dont mewow much but when I do it doesnt sound like my sisters meow... and when I see a bug or a bird...I chirp quickly...mom thinks its funny. My hair is very long..Mom doesnt let it gorw out though, she gets me shaved in the summer when I start shedding- I seem to like it a lot... thanks for all of your responses!!
  • Robin BassRobin Bass Forest HillsMember Posts: 105
    edited 1 October, 2007
    I squeak! Is a squeak the same as a chirp? I'm a long hair, but not sure if it's from a Maine Coon.
  • Sherry BodinSherry Bodin Hood CanalMember Posts: 2,746
    edited 19 October, 2007
    People say that I look Maine Coony...but I'm the cat equivalent of a mutt...but mom loves me and my sis anyways. I've got big ears, long whiskers, an abnormally long tail, nice long hair that is very soft, love to fetch, and a trilly chirps voice.
  • alyssa elkinsalyssa elkins east brunswickMember Posts: 169
    edited 21 October, 2007
    To be honest, you don't look like a maine coon to me. You look like a domestic longhair. Google 'maine coon' and have a look on some breeders' websites to see what the breed really looks like. It is very rare that an actual maine coon enters the shelters or is found wandering as a stray.