Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

How many kitties have owned your pawrent in their lifetime?

2»

Comments

• Erin SmitherErin Smither ColumbiaMember Posts: 219
    edited 30 October, 2007
    Mommy isn\'t very old but a few of us have owned her. I was first followed by Miss Kitty who is still with us! She took over ownership right after I died. Schnookie lived with her for a while but he owns mommy\'s parents more than he did her. After college Teddy and Sampson owned mom, now they own her sister who runs their web page for them. They have a new brother now....Nigel, but he never owned mom. Now she has Duchess, Bisco and Foosa so that makes the grand total 8! It\'s all confusing I know. All of us are still alive...except for me of course.
  • Patricia ParkerPatricia Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 1,093
    edited 1 November, 2007
    My mama has been owned by 4 cats and loved by 5. They are all on Catster now with mama\'s memories. There was Guess when she was just a girl, but Guess didn\'t own mama and ran away, probably after a Tom. Then there was Mindy the dear, Suki the great, Molly unsinkable and me, sweet Honey. Mama is really a \"cat\" person. Cat hair: never leave home without it, she says!
  • Joanne FernandezJoanne Fernandez Member Posts: 8
    edited 8 November, 2007
    There was Precious, Damascus, Delilah, Ming-Ming, Domino, Cookie, Jasper, Seabiscuit, Wilbur, and now Ketchup and me! So that's ten total.
  • Audrey McAnarneyAudrey McAnarney Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 1,982
    edited 10 November, 2007
    Only three - not counting me! :-O I cannot imagine Mom living with other cats. Their names were Girl Kitty and Nala. Emma Griffin was our rescue - we (at least Mom, ROFL) miss her greatly. :D
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Let's see... First there was Kitty Boy. After Kitty Boy passed, Smokey came along. Then Smokey had to be re-homed because she was very unhappy in our household. She didn't like kids, and Mom was only 9 at the time. After that, I came into Mom's life (when she was 10--she's 24 now). After me, Mom got Dutch. Then came Luna. Then Sir Thomas. Then Maximo, who sadly passed on November 9, 2005. Last was little Sindri. So Mom's been owned by 8 kitties during her lifetime. 5 of us are still with her.
  • Debora BaileyDebora Bailey CalgaryMember Posts: 1,076
    edited 20 November, 2007
    Hmmmm..and mom thought hers was the only zoo around!!:)) Lets see, I am their first and only kittie! I am now 5 years old, and we sure have been through a lot! Then there are the dogs. Currently living with me are "Barkley" the Great Dane, and "Snoopy", the St. Bernard pup. They also had Lucky, Timber, Max, Tia, Hooch,.....I guess that makes 7 dogs. Then there are all the fish and aquatic frogs, and the Bearded Dragon, that currently share my home. There were also a wild rabbit and a domestic rabbit. Both mom and dad also had dogs and cats growing up. Mom only had 1 dog growing up, but dad had several dogs.
  • Cheryl ShoalsCheryl Shoals Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 120
    edited 21 November, 2007
    Momcats first cat was a calico named Poochina. She had kittens and mom kept one of them, an orange tabby named Foofi. Foofi loved her the most of all her kitties. Then she had a tuxedo manx named Sammy for a while. Now she has my sister Arwen, a tabby and white, and me, a dilute tortie/tabby. That makes five. She wants to have more, believe me!
  • Ashley CurrierAshley Currier AthensMember Posts: 24
    edited 23 November, 2007
    Mommy's had kitties all her life, and so when she moved away from her parents' she had to have kitties of her own. She says that when she was born, they had a 10 year old Siamese named George that owned the family. He lived to be an old 17 years old before having to be put to sleep. Then they got a blue point Himalayan named Tyler, but sadly, he was only with them for 3 years before going to the Bridge. Then they got a seal point Himalayan named Abigail who was my Grand-Mommy's little angel for the near 14 years she was around. Mommy still cries when she thinks about her. While Abby was with Mommy's family, a stray cat left two kittens in their shed. Mommy says Grand-Mommy wanted to keep them, but Grand-Daddy didn't.... until Grand-Mommy caught him feeding the kittens ham. So Sam and Fergie adopted Mommy's family. Sadly, Sam was ill and ended up going to the Bridge when he was only 5 years old, but Fergie is still around at 15! Mommy got Caramel after Abby went to the Bridge, and the later Grand-Mommy got a new kitten for herself as well. Caramel and Eleanor were the best of friends, and Caramel really really missed Eleanor after Mommy moved into her own place, and so.. she got me! So I think that's.. um.. *counts* 8 kitties that have owned my Mommy!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 23 November, 2007
    When Mommy was growing up she had a dog, Tino After he died when she was 11, kitties came to visit alot, one of them, Opie, who was a beautiful sleek black kitty, would stay for hours or days at a time! When she was in her early twenties, Scooter and Munchkin came to live with her and her mom and her mom's boyfriend. They lived there for almost a year until Munchkin died. . . Scooter went off to live with the boyfriend's sister :(( Mommy wanted a kitty when she moved out of her mom's, but couldn't cuz the apartment building didn't allow pets. But seven years later when she moved into the place she's living in now, she got me, and then four years later, got Sandy Although she's had a lot of kitty friends: Muffin, Puddin Pi and Tigger, which were a neighbor's cats, all at the Bridge now, along with their human. Sky, Petey and Princess, who belonged to another friend, all of them at the Bridge also And Whisper and Calico Sara, Whisper went to the Bridge a couple years ago, and Calico Sara has FIV
  • Amy BAmy B KershawMember Posts: 3,254
    edited 24 November, 2007
    Mama's mostly had dogs as her pets, but her sister had cats while she was growing up. But as far as hers... there was Kitty and Winkie when she was 10 or so, both stray kittens that disappeared. Corky was around a couple years after those but mama wasn't his... don't remember what happened to him. Then she got me in 1998 and my sisters after... so total that had her was just seven.
  • edited 25 November, 2007
    Only the kitties in our current family have owned Mommy, because she was allergic to kitties until we all came along! She's always loved cats, but she had to be careful around the others because they would cause allergies. She had one doggie sister, who was the baby before she was the baby, but Trixie died when she was in 3rd grade. A lot of hermit crabs, walking sticks, a fire-belly newt, a turtle named Morla, and numerous fish followed, until we came. Daddy's had lots of cats who've adopted him, because he grew up on a farm. Tom, Jerry, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Moochie, and a lot more that Mommy doesn't know the names of. Now at the farm are Eeyore, Pinky, Snowball, a female cat, and another cat or two. Eeyore's/Pinky's/Snowball's mom cat adopted Daddy a few years ago when he lived with some friends, and he brought her to his parents' house. They didn't know she was pregnant at the time, and were surprised at the kittens, and kept all of them.
  • Abigail ByersAbigail Byers Member Posts: 77
    edited 25 November, 2007
    My mommy has owned well over a hundred. :D:D And she's only 17.
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 1 December, 2007
    wow. from my faithful scribe: rascal, jake, katie, bartholomeow, devon, gracie mae, rex, now meeee!!! (and i may be joined by two little ones soon...crossed paws everyone.) so...eight, at present count. first person and m person are busy, i\'ll get kitty kount and names from them later...