Ozzy needs a new home

Angela MarlettAngela Marlett Cedar ParkMember Posts: 1
Ozzy is a very sweet, male cat who loves people, other cats and dogs. He's very playful and loves to snuggle. His meow sometimes sounds like "Momma" and it's so cute. Ozzy is not de-clawed but he wears Softpaws all the time. We need to find a new home for him because ever since we got our new leather couch he's been trying to bite it. He doesn't mess with any of our other furniture. We can't trust him around the couches and don't want to keep him confined to a room all day, which we currently have to do until we can find him a home. We've tried all the tricks and products but he keeps going back to the couches. We do not want holes in our new couches. Please help us find Ozzy a home where he'll receive lots of love and attention.

Comments

• Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 5 November, 2007
    We've got leather too else we would be tempted to take him. We live in Texas. Can you not put blankets and spray stay away or buy one of those small electrical things that keep them off furniture? Dr. Foster has them. He reminds me of my first cat Sissy. Good luck
  • Kelly HendryKelly Hendry Charlottesville, VAMember Posts: 556
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Can you please report this under "behavioral problems" and see if anyone has suggestions for how to get him to leave the sofa alone? Its really hard to rehome adult cats, not to mention traumatizing for them, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who have experience with something similar to this. A cat behaviorist or the SPCA might also have some ideas.
  • Ashley NollenAshley Nollen RichmondMember Posts: 333
    edited 8 November, 2007
    My advice? Don't give up on your cat. Keep trying till you find something that works.
  • Joanne LeeJoanne Lee LiverpoolMember Posts: 1,565
    edited 8 November, 2007
    we have a tip that works for us mum has a leather sofa and chairs and since I was a kitten it has been scratched bitten Etc etc, until mums freind told her to wipe the sofa over with baby wipes not only does this help to keep the sofa clean but mum says i musnt like the smell or something but since she started doing this I no longer attack the couch