Dear Catster reader,
Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.
Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.
Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.
Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.
Saving Congo In New Jersey, 11/14/07 reprieve granted
The governor's office is taking calls and they are doing a tally of
people who are for or AGAINST putting this GSD down.Plz take a second to
call his life is on the line here!!!O tell them wut state you are from!!!
URGENT!!!! - Congo Lost in Court - PLS CALL NJ GOV CORZINE TO OVERRIDE!!
PLEASE CROSS POST
CONGO THE GSD lost his court case today.
Judge upheld the death sentence!!
EVERYONE PLEASE WRITE & CALL
New Jersey Gov.Corzine
Urge him to OVERRIDE CONGO's DEATH SENTENCE
Gov.'s office is taking a numerical tally on how many people call -
please call him
Office of the Governor PO Box 001 Trenton, NJ 08625
Email by going to his site: http://www.nj
. gov/governor/ govmail.html
NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY NEEDED!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
NY and PA residents also especially helpful...
For those not familiar with Congo's case:
1. two illegal immigrants were gardening at the family's house
2. they arrived an hour early
3. they were told by the husband to stay in their truck until he could
get out of the shower and get some clothes on
4. the husband speaks Spanish and spoke to them in Spanish so there is
no question they understand what they were told to do
5. they directly disobeyed the husband and walked into the backyard with
the wife, who had just pulled into the driveway)
6. the two adult gsd's and their puppies came running
7. the gardeners paniced
8. ONE GARDENER GRABBED THE WIFE AND WRESTLED HER TO THE GROUND, USING
HER AS A PROTECTIVE SHIELD
9. Congo thought his owner was being attacked and went after the gardener
10. The gardener used his rake to beat at the puppies and inflicted some
injuries on them.
11. the gardener changed his story three times (interesting note on
official bias: when the owner said the gardener changed his story five
times, the dog warden said "No, he only changed his story 3 times.")