Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

How do I add a clickable link to a catster post?

Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
edited 27 November, 2007 in Plus Informational
I found a hilarious kitten video that I would like to share, but mom says she doesn't know how people make those clickable links. :? Can someone tell me the HTML to do that? Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Gail RockGail Rock VALE OF PARADISEMember Posts: 3,336
    edited 26 November, 2007
    bumping up..I'd like to know too:-h
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 26 November, 2007
    -- link removed -- Take out the space between the < and the a in the beginning, add your cool web address, and where the "Check out this cool site" is, add what you want to say about the cool site! For more, and probably more better info :)) Check out: www.catstercodes.com Funny, I can say how to make a link, but I always have a hard time doing it! Wellll. .. . not always!
  • Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
    edited 27 November, 2007
    OK I don't get it. Maybe because the link was removed? I am confused. :?
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 November, 2007
    To make a link, use this code: <a href="the_url_of_the_website_goes_here">whatever you want to name your link goes here</a> Like Squeakers said, Catster codes has good instructions for links: http://catstercodes.twilightmoon.net/insertlink.htm
    edited 27 November, 2007
    Thanks Scooter! =;
    edited 27 November, 2007
    I posted the funny video link in the kitten forum, but I will put it here too! -- link removed -- :))
    edited 27 November, 2007
    hmmmm it keeps removing my link . . . . :-k
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 27 November, 2007
    Once you put the link in, you can't go back to edit your post or it will remove the link. Its wierd that it does that but it does. I think it might work the same if you try to preview it too. hope this helps.
    edited 27 November, 2007
    Thanks Diego. Trying again . . . hungry kitten
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 27 November, 2007
    Oopsie :r