InnovaEv0=smaller poops= ?

Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
edited 27 November, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
We switched to InnovaEvo a few months ago and our poops are definitly less stinky and lots smaller! However sometimes I squirt out my bum when Im super excited. It smells terrible! Other catsters had suggested I was having a problem with my anal glands/sacs. We didn't call a vet yet because in the past week I haven't done it at all and I was doing it at least once a day previously. Anyway I was wondering If maybe since my poop is smaller maybe its not draining my anal glands naturally or as regularly as before? One of the suggestions we read online for inpacted/infected anal glands was to eat a high fiber food to bulk up our poop. The food they suggested : Innova Evo -> which we are already on :))

Comments

• April PlourdeApril Plourde Member Posts: 248
    edited 14 November, 2007
    My pug-sister Dory is the queen of anal glands! Dad needs to empty hers every week. We're going to try adding canned pumpkin. Her poops have always been small and firm, but sometimes that's not enough.
  • Kelly GormleyKelly Gormley Orlando, FLMember Posts: 30
    edited 14 November, 2007
    Sometimes it is the food they eat. Innova is a great food. One of my relatives' cat had a problem with anal glands. They switched to Timberwolf Serengeti cat food and it went away. Could have been a coincidence...I don't know. But it's always worth a shot!
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 22 November, 2007
    I'm almost 7 months old and my mom had me on Evo for several months. When she got me, I'd been eating Kitten Chow and had regular poops. The other cats were eating Evo though and I plowed right into it cuz it was so nummy! Too bad though, my body didn't take too well to it and I had diarhea or runny poops almost all the time. It kept getting into my fur and I would step in it in the litterbox and track it everywhere. My mom hoped that my body would adjust and it just never did. She's feeding me Premium Edge kitten food now cuz it was the best out of the ones that the pet store she was in had in stock (she was desperate to help me out!). I wasn't sure about it at first but now I eat it and my poops are normal again! She's hoping to try the Evo with me again when I'm older. Right now, she and I are on the road with her work but she's concerned about how things will go when we get back home and the other cats try to eat her food and I try to eat theirs. She doesn't want me to be sick again but the other girls are thriving on the Evo. It should be an interesting time in a few weeks when we get home! :P
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 27 November, 2007
    You're right. It seems that Innova Evo = smaller poops. When I ate that food my poops were quite small and skinny and I often had to strain in the litter box to get them out. :(